Good broken beat stuff

So...mixes anyone? :slanted:

Co Op live from Plastic People, 1Xtra 2005
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gvjbww

This is part 1 of a 3 hour show, an hour and a quarter of broken, including many of the big tunes from 04/05. The vibes on this recording are brilliant, the crowd are shouting and singing along with the music, the hosts are clearly enjoying themselves, silly sound effects are rinsed out and people make some animal noises. If I manage to find the tapes of the later parts I'll probably up it on Sunday.

IG Culture B2B Domu

Afronaught- Transcend me (R&S)
DKD- Future Rage
Macy Gray- When I See You (Bugz In The Attic Remix)
Marc De Clive Lowe- State of the Mental
Blakai- Afrospace (Thylord remix) (Schtum)
Unforscene ft Alice Russel- Don’t you hurry (Domu mix)
Unknown
Likwid Bizkit- Inna War (People)
Lady Sovereign- Random (IG Culture vocal mix)
Unknown
Unknown African vocal (produced by one of the main broken producers, maybe bugz)
Unknown

J Da Flex mix

Son of Scientist (aka IG) ft Heidi Vogel- Solution (Dutty Church mix) (Main Squeeze)
Tubby T- Ready She Ready (Seiji Mix)
Sunship ft Warrior Queen- Almighty Father (remix) (casual)
DKD- Future Rage
Q Tip Breathe & Stop/ Loose Lips
Seiji ft Lyric L- Loose Lips (BITASWEET)
Maddslinky ft Jenna G- Something Xtra
Seiji- 3dom (b-side to Loose Lips) (BITASWEET)
Unknown

The Seiji rub of Tubby T is one of the best darkside Broken tunes

Benny Bunter

Thanks Owen, listening now and I'm really enjoying this. As you say, there's good vibes here, nice to hear the crowd enjoying themselves, makes all the difference.

hint

party record with a siren
Ah - I forgot about this.

Co Op live from Plastic People, 1Xtra 2005
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gvjbww

PARTS 2 + 3 (part 2 starts at "Loose Lips"):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qynrm5

Afronaught - Transcend me (R&S)
DKD - Future Rage
Macy Gray - When I See You (Bugz In The Attic Remix)
Marc De Clive Lowe- State of the Mental
Blakai- Afrospace (Thylord remix) (Schtum)
Unforscene ft Alice Russel- Don’t you hurry (Domu mix)
Alex Attias / Mustang - Future Jazz
Likwid Bizkit - Inna War (People)
Lady Sovereign - Random (IG Culture vocal mix)
(unreleased?) IG Culture (?) track featuring Yungun
Afronaut - Golpe Duro Calinda (Club Mix)
Quango - Let Groove Come (Co-Op Mix)
Son of Scientist (aka IG) ft Heidi Vogel- Solution (Dutty Church mix) (Main Squeeze)
Tubby T- Ready She Ready (Seiji Mix)
Sunship ft Warrior Queen- Almighty Father (Solid Groove remix) (casual)
DKD- Future Rage
Q Tip Breathe & Stop/ Loose Lips

Seiji ft Lyric L- Loose Lips
Maddslinky ft Jenna G- Something Xtra
Seiji - 3dom (b-side to Loose Lips)
Unknown
Unknown
Plant Life - The Last Song (Bugz Dub)
Nutmeg - Oscar's Shed (Rima Remix)
Unknown
Domu - Let Me Be
Unknown
Mark De Clive-Lowe - State of The Mental (ft Bembe Segue) (remix?)
Unknown
Face - No Fear

D'Angelo - Spanish Joint
Tye Tribbet - Mighty Long Way
Detroit Experiment - Highest
Sa-Ra - Glorious
Unknown
Kyoto jazz massive ft Victor Davies - Deep In Your Mind
Mark De Clive-Lowe - Relax, Unwind (Afrojas Ricanstruction)
Unknown
Focus - Having Your Fun (4Hero rmx)
Unknown
Unknown
Silhouette Brown - Spread That
Unknown
Unknown
Mark De Clive-Lowe - Tide's Arising

Last edited:
Cheers for the tracklisting. I was just about to upload my 2nd tape of this but your recording is longer. Did you tape it live off the radio like I did?

In Broken beats spirit of fucked up drum patterns I present this corrupted recording of that Co Op show. 5 minutes of wrongness
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pi21s3

Additional tracklisting for the show that I can work out. Track before D'Angelo is Face- 'No fear' (Extra Freedom records, probably unreleased).
After Ty Tribbet & before Sa Ra is Detroit Experiment (Carl Craig et al)- 'Highest' (Rope a dope).
Before Relax Unwind is Kyoto jazz massive ft Victor Davies- 'Deep In Your Mind' (Compost)

hint

party record with a siren
Cheers for the tracklisting. I was just about to upload my 2nd tape of this but your recording is longer. Did you tape it live off the radio like I did?

Yeah - I think my recording drops quality here and there as Real Player struggles to keep up.

Thanks for the extra track IDs. A few of the remaining unknowns are very familiar. The one before the Plant Life remix particularly. Maybe another Rima track? It's been a while since I dug out my 12"s from this era though.

Last edited:

tox

Factory Girl
Big thankyou to Owen and Hint for upping those Co-Op sets - exactly what I've been looking for! So many classic broken beat tunes! Love the crowd vibes and energy.

I might be able to fill in a few blanks in the tracklisting after a couple of listens.

The first tune on Part 2 is actually Loose Tips (Loose Lips mixed with Q-Tip), which is then followed by the original Loose Lips feat Lyric L.

carmen

 
also @SF , there was alwyas this dude who would just be hanging out blasting next level bruk funky madness to passersby, and playing live wind over it

i bought his CD for 12USD or so while he was performing, somehow we managed the exchange w/o him even stopping

philblackpool

gamelanstep
I'm totally seconding Phuturistix & especially Ear Dis "Hey Girl", which was the first thing that stuck out for me when I started listening to a few Funky sets a year & a half or so back...I felt well sulky that I'd completely missed that when it first came out...I've got a couple of their others that are alright too, but thats the one...

pajbre

must say a big thank you for all the science dropped in this thread. in a way broken beat is the perfect vector to link living in LA with post-garage musics... i like a fair amount of 2-step/dubstep/funky but it feels, erm, geo-sonically strange to listen to them cruising around in triple-digit sunshine. but the afro-brazilian influences in broken suit the climate just right, and then madlib (the artists i associate most with LA) did a broken beat record, and that takes you right into that whole world.

curses for missing IG culture dj'ing around the block from my house a few weeks back!