Best non-american hiphop

luka

northside by the demon boyz is incredible, but hijack 'hold no hostage' is the best thing ever.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Thanks for this. Must admit to being a little bit underwhelmed on first listen, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Look forward to getting hold of 'Perfect Times' :cool:

Yeah it's not a grab-you-by-the-collar one, but it's good solid stuff, I've enjoyed having it on in the background, b ut I'm on a big DJ Premiere kick at the moment so it's nice to have some head-nodders that I don't know... I like the 'Hip Hop Royalty' track, it sounds like early Moorish Delta 7 which is weird.

Waiting for Thabs to get back so I can up it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Has 'Hip Hop Royalty' got Thabs on it? There's someone who sounds quite like him int he first couple of minutes or so...

mistersloane

Has 'Hip Hop Royalty' got Thabs on it? There's someone who sounds quite like him int he first couple of minutes or so...

yeah he does the first 16, his voice is just so great.

I can't find anything out about/by Golden Shovel tho, who rockypoppy found out about, apparently part of a crew called Optikal Illusion but can't find them either...

I can't find anything out about/by Golden Shovel tho, who rockypoppy found out about, apparently part of a crew called Optikal Illusion but can't find them either...

yeah it seemed a bit obscure on the africa hip hop forum. its quite refreshing in a way, nowadays everything is so accessible its nice to get excited over music and not be able to just download it straight away

mistersloane

yeah it seemed a bit obscure on the africa hip hop forum. its quite refreshing in a way, nowadays everything is so accessible its nice to get excited over music and not be able to just download it straight away

yeah, it's why I'm asking him about upping the whole last CD, I'm not sure whether he/they want it completely underground, it's hard to tell. I had fucking murders finding it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

Thabs' very precise enunciation really reminds me of D Double E...

fishe

I like Onda Rossa Posse and Assalti Frontali, they're Italian- "combat" rappers. Public Enemy type rhreotoric, decent.

Negu Gorriak from the Basque, as well.

slackk, thanks so much for putting me on to these guys, especially Assalti Frontali! It's mostly all good stuff, and I'm living in Italy next year so keen to absorb as much Italian stuff as possible.

Do you know of any more similar artists? Or much else about italian hip hop? :)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yesterday I was randomly listening to things I haven't listened to in depth before, and decided to give Fonky Family another spin. The first track I chose at random was this:

...which has instantly become one of my favourite beats. That synth sample is grimey as fuck!

mixed_biscuits

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="300" height="200"></embed></object>

I'm well out of touch with UK Hip-Hop. This Taskforce track and a few P Brothers twelves on Heavy Bronx were probably the last things I picked up and that was a few years ago.