baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
People who don't understand that the point of a protest/strike IS to cause disturbance.

People who relentlessly complain about their lack of free time/rights/good treatment etc etc, and then complain even more when someone else is standing up for their rights.

Amplesamples

People who don't understand that you don't get paid when you go on strike.

People who don't understand that the whole point of a union is to protect your terms, conditions and collective bargaining power.

People who say that the 'timing of the strike is wrong' (heard this on the news a lot) - like there's ever a great time for a strike, where no-one gets inconvenienced, which obviously makes the strike 'better'.

Martin D

I'm tempted to 'defriend' (in the facebookian sense) a woman I vaguely know from a messageboard I used to use, but have never actually met, because EVERY SINGLE ONE of her status posts is about her fucking kids. Like she's the first person in history ever to have reproduced. Fucksake.

Wait till she gets a cat.

Leo

yeah, really...although i'll fess up to posting a pic or three of my cats over the years.

actually, mr. tea, you should feel lucky to have only this one case because i seem to have about a dozen friends who do that. best is when they don't even use their own photo for their profile shot, choosing instead to use one of their bloody offspring. nothing like surrendering your own identity just because you managed to pop out another human.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

My aunt and uncle have a facebook page for their cat. Call it speciesism but there's no way I'm being 'friends' with a fucking cat.

My aunt is great but she's like the ultimate goldmine of cringemaking FB statuses. Her horoscope for the day, little feel-good soundbites and shout-outs to her loved ones full of hearts and about a million '!'. I do kind of like her sheer gale-force unironic enthusiasm through, it's a good tonic for a jaded old sod like me. :)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
actually, mr. tea, you should feel lucky to have only this one case because i seem to have about a dozen friends who do that. best is when they don't even use their own photo for their profile shot, choosing instead to use one of their bloody offspring. nothing like surrendering your own identity just because you managed to pop out another human.

I've heard of people (no-one I know, I should stress) who've made a FB page for their unborn child, complete with ultrasound scans and 'updates' from the foetus. Talk about tempting fate...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
best is when they don't even use their own photo for their profile shot, choosing instead to use one of their bloody offspring. nothing like surrendering your own identity just because you managed to pop out another human.

oh yes. fucking appalling, and frankly makes you worry why they had a kid (whcih I worry about with lots of people anyway, in terms of treating kids like appendages or status symbols).

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
I've heard of people (no-one I know, I should stress) who've made a FB page for their unborn child, complete with ultrasound scans and 'updates' from the foetus. Talk about tempting fate...

I can just see Zuckerberg entering the maternity ward the minute the cord is cut

"I'll take that"

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Admin of any kind. I was just told that I couldn't hand a final paper in for a university course (which obviously had to be handed in hard-copy for no real apparent reason) because it was a whopping 25 seconds later. Never mind that I was there on time and had to spend 10 minutes navigating a ridiculously labyrinthine building to find the damn office, or that I paid about 600 bucks for the course. Computer says no.

muser

Sitting through a hour+ job interview almost feeling like you ve pretty much got the job all the way through, and that youd actually really like the job aswell. Then leaving and realising you got to wait several days to actually find out and that I might have just been massivley kidding myself, thinking all the things you might of said wrong or didnt say enough, uggh :rolleyes:

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
Admin of any kind. I was just told that I couldn't hand a final paper in for a university course (which obviously had to be handed in hard-copy for no real apparent reason) because it was a whopping 25 seconds later. Never mind that I was there on time and had to spend 10 minutes navigating a ridiculously labyrinthine building to find the damn office, or that I paid about 600 bucks for the course. Computer says no.

fuckinell. sympathies.

i once got an automatic 15% penalty for a piece i submitted about 5 minutes past deadline because the lady who had to sign the submission document was on the phone and refused to acknowledge my increasingly paniced gesticulations through the glass as 10-to became 5-to became 5 past.. oh man i can laugh about it now..

not as bad as my mate tho who basically failed his phd because the admin lady forgot to pass on his final thesis and it sat in a drawer for a month.. she was sacked and her replacement found it and said hmm this looks important...

e/y

heh, I mean, I miss Toronto and even the university, but the admins at Woodsworth did usually come up with something every few months to drive me into uncontrollable rage. that I don't miss. what are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Those people on dubstepforum who say "why are you so negative, if you haven't got anything positive to say, don't say anything at all".

Surely if they really believed that then they wouldn't say it?

slowtrain

I was going to post this in the twee thread, but refrained because it isn't really related:

People (music people) who make a big deal out of being liberal, environmentally friendly, vegan, etc etc, but then ALSO choose to make a big deal out of 'physical media', especially vinyl, despite it being a fucking hideously polluting medium. That whole "this is a slab of rainforest and petrochemicals - but we've wrapped in recycled cardboard, so it's OK!" shit really fucking annoys me.

Worst kind of hypocrites.