mms

sometimes
Shopkeepers who look pissed off that you've come into their shop esp if you're disturbing their phone call, and barely look you in the eye, don't say thanks - usually newsagents -
you just feel soiled for spending any money in a place like that.
Newsagents are glum places though, my old newsagent used to try and sell me knock off jeans, he was ok.

People who think it's alright to not wear pants in summer so you see their fat arses when you don't ever want to.

Job agencies who are so utterly thick and rigid, that they don't understand anything apart from accountants in cheap suits.

mos dan

fact music
People who come round your house and then insist on watching 4 hours of tennis on your telly.

good weekend then john? ;)

this is a rather specific complaint but:

ex-girlfriends phoning you to tell you about their newly-wed bliss, in which they are now residing in a cottage in the rural south of france - and choosing the wettest july day ever in which to do it, during commuter hours as well, the end result being one of startling incongruity:

you are single, completely drenched, trying to cross a roundabout in elephant and fucking castle, late for work, and trying to shout over the noise of both your hangover and a thousand pneumatic drills.

she is happily married, sitting outside her cottage in shorts and t-shirt on a gorgeous french summer day, drinking ice tea and looking out at the rolling hills.

i'm not in the best of moods today.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
she is happily married, sitting outside her cottage in shorts and t-shirt on a gorgeous french summer day, drinking ice tea and looking out at the rolling hills.

Yeah, but you've got US! :)

Hey, what's the matter? I was only trying to cheer you up. Oh dear, look, have some tissues...

john eden

male pale and stale
People who work in an open plan office and think it's ok to use their speaker phone (turned up really loud) to:

1) Listen to their voicemail messages
2) Ring people up and listen to their really annoying 'engaged' tone or hold music over and over and over again.

STN

sou'wester
good weekend then john? ;)

this is a rather specific complaint but:

ex-girlfriends phoning you to tell you about their newly-wed bliss, in which they are now residing in a cottage in the rural south of france - and choosing the wettest july day ever in which to do it, during commuter hours as well, the end result being one of startling incongruity:

you are single, completely drenched, trying to cross a roundabout in elephant and fucking castle, late for work, and trying to shout over the noise of both your hangover and a thousand pneumatic drills.

I bet she was nowhere near as close to a) a Nandos and b) a Wetherspoons as you were. Mos Dan 2, her 0.

mos dan

fact music
I bet she was nowhere near as close to a) a Nandos and b) a Wetherspoons as you were. Mos Dan 2, her 0.

i'm loving the dissensus relationship counselling service (thread idea? :p or might it get horribly emo?), thanks stn and mr tea.

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
People who work in an open plan office and think it's ok to use their speaker phone (turned up really loud) to:

1) Listen to their voicemail messages
2) Ring people up and listen to their really annoying 'engaged' tone or hold music over and over and over again.

3. People who pace up and down while chatting on their mobile. Sit down you mug.

ripley

"Look at me! I'm really BUSY and ENERGETIC!"

I can't sit down while I'm on the phone. I get hyper and I have to walk it off. I know it's probably annoying, but I swear I don't do it to be looked at.

I don't use those damn handsfree things while I tromp around talking to my mom though. I still can't get used to people shouting at the air while they walk around. I want a visual acknowledgment that they are on the phone with someone who is not present, rather than thinking they are a crazy person.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ha, when I first moved to London I got spooked all the time by people apparently talking to themselves. Then I gradually realised they were using hands-free sets. Then I realised about half of them *really were* talking to themselves.

john eden

male pale and stale
I can't sit down while I'm on the phone. I get hyper and I have to walk it off. I know it's probably annoying, but I swear I don't do it to be looked at.

Well fair enough, Ripley!

But why is that, do you think? It just seems a bit weird to me as being on the phone is very much a "head" activity for me, not a physical one...

mos dan

fact music

often true for me too, i don't really know why it is, the worst thing is if i answer the phone in a shop - i just walk in circles or up and down the aisle until the call is over. busy head and hands mean itchy feet..? weird innit.