john eden

male pale and stale
this trend in the papers of describing atheists and agnostics as 'joyless'.

piss OFF!

It's probably better than being portrayed as amoral hedonists/psychopaths. Although "joyless" is a bit boring in comparison.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The way a little stove-top espresso maker takes an age to finish if you're standing there in the kitchen waiting for it, but seems to finish far sooner than it should if you leave the room to do something else in the meantime, leading to an inevitable coffee puddle on the hob surface. :mad:

viktorvaughn

I saw a little Georges Méliès film and the moon was this blokes face with white creamy moon surface just like in the mighty boosh. From 1902! It's really good.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
The fact that subtitles very often don't match up literally or perfectly with the dialogue in foreign language films.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
The video to My Chemical Romance - Desolation Row, which I saw for the first time earlier today. Now usually I don't have a great deal of hatred towards MCR, don't either like or dislike them, they're just way off the radar in terms of music I'd have an interest in. But that vid just seems to sum up everything that's naff and a bit cringey about the whole rebel-rock stance. And I speak as someone who's not even that much of an anti-rockist. :rolleyes:

zhao

there are no accidents
Designers who leave Pantones in ai files for CMYK work - you wankers.

300_11502.jpg

do you mean like this? ;)

zhao

there are no accidents
^^^ No, I mean when the job is CMYK only and the artwork is full of spot colours.

i know i was only making a bad reference/joke...

yeah. incompetent dweebs. i got a Blockbuster logo from central corporate office once and the thing was missing a font, and the strokes weren't outlined... and it was RGB for a print job.

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
I know mate, as soon as I saw the artwork I figured your thoughts, I'm just sick of wank work do people really not convert or care about artwork these days!

zhao

there are no accidents
I know mate, as soon as I saw the artwork I figured your thoughts, I'm just sick of wank work do people really not convert or care about artwork these days!

it's prolly more cheap companies trying to save money by getting some inept college intern to do the job... which ultimately still amounts to not caring about design i suppose. it's sad but true that a lot of people still consider it to be "icing on the cake" and when times are tough you know what gets cut out first...