craner

Beast of Burden
Such a tasty little package, prancing around in red satin -- you know, I'm just trying to get on with my life.

you

Customs Fee's

Customs fees do my f'kin head in.

Why do I need to pay 17.5% tax on an item valued as inc Tax with another countries tax???? I will pay japanese tax or british tax but why oh why am I left paying both??????

Also, a recent item I bought came from america, outside the eu - so again I had to pay customs tax on the item...... the item was valued at 54 dollars. The tax applied was 17.5% of 54 in POUNDS!?!?! - I expect this happens with euros too for an extra ivory backscratcher for the executives - so annoying, they understood that it was an non EU item so charged the customs tax presuming the value was marked in GBP - dumb thieving fucks......

Oh - and im not even going to mention the EIGHT POUND ADMIN FEE......

Leo

you can ride some local buses in my area by paying the fare in exact change. i'm continually dismayed at the number of people who get on the bus, stand in front of the fare box, AND THEN start to rummage through all their pockets for the correct change, which of course they never have handy. it's like they had NO IDEA they were going to be getting on a bus in a few minutes, while they were waiting at the friggin' bus stop. who knew, right?

it's even better, of course, when they don't have the exact change and stand there, looking at the bus driver, saying "oh, i don't have the right change." yeah, so, why did you get on the friggin' bus then?!! :mad:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Bloke at work here likes to match a normal black office suit with a pair of blue/white canvas trainers. WHY????? :mad:

zhao

there are no accidents
Customs fees do my f'kin head in.

Why do I need to pay 17.5% tax on an item valued as inc Tax with another countries tax???? I will pay japanese tax or british tax but why oh why am I left paying both??????

Also, a recent item I bought came from america, outside the eu - so again I had to pay customs tax on the item...... the item was valued at 54 dollars. The tax applied was 17.5% of 54 in POUNDS!?!?! - I expect this happens with euros too for an extra ivory backscratcher for the executives - so annoying, they understood that it was an non EU item so charged the customs tax presuming the value was marked in GBP - dumb thieving fucks......

Oh - and im not even going to mention the EIGHT POUND ADMIN FEE......

yeah that shit is the fucking suck. i don't know how exactly it works though... if a friend brings a laptop to Europe for me they don't have to pay taxes, because they can just say it is theirs, and will be bringing it back to the US, right? but if i have it sent i will have to pay taxes. is that right? :confused:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Trainers2_468x369.jpg

My all-time fashion heroes!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Back in the day when you had to pay for the Evening Standard (well, obviously you didn't have to, but you know what I mean), the street vendors would always be yelling "WEST END FINAAAL!" - what does that actually mean? I assume it's to do with theatres/cinemas, like it's the latest listings or reviews or something?

I kind of miss the ES vendors. They always had that proper old-skool cockney accent that almost seems to be dying out now, and I loved the way they'd economise on the phrase "Evening Standard" to the smallest number of syllables possible. There was one guy I used to pass walking between Euston and UCL who'd contracted the usual "Sten-ner!" into the monosyllablic "NER!".

Last edited: