Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Is that like Godin's Law in reverse or do you drive a Rover ;)

Haha, I don't drive anything at all, but I feel a sort of familial connection to Rovers because my dad drove a succession of them over the course of a dozen or so years. He also sometimes wore a hat, although this had nothing to do with Jewishness and everything to do with baldness. :)

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Haha, I don't drive anything at all, but I feel a sort of familial connection to Rovers because my dad drove a succession of them over the course of a dozen or so years. He also sometimes wore a hat, although this had nothing to do with Jewishness and everything to do with baldness. :)

Did he ever do over 30mph cos every single one of the twats I get behind adds 20+ minutes onto where I'm going - I hate them all :)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Did he ever do over 30mph cos every single one of the twats I get behind adds 20+ minutes onto where I'm going - I hate them all :)

No worries on that front - he gave me and some of school mates a lift back from the pub one Friday evening and on Monday I was told "Your dad drives like a terrorist!", which I took to be an expression of high praise.

STN

sou'wester
I bloody hate people who try to get their arm in front of my to tap their oyster card on the bus before I do. It's a small thing, but I wonder about the logic that leads people to think it's okay, and what they hope to gain from it.

I am also not keen on people who get a receipt from the bank cashpoint and throw it on the floor without looking at it. Why not just not request a fucking receipt if you don't want one.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I am also not keen on people who get a receipt from the bank cashpoint and throw it on the floor without looking at it. Why not just not request a fucking receipt if you don't want one."
I think that if anyone does that you ought to pick up the receipt and use it to steal their identity, just to teach them a lesson like.

STN

sou'wester
I wouldn't want to be them.

Next up, people who you talk to on the phone who then want you to decide what they should have for dinner, while turning all your suggestions down. I'm sorry, I simply do not care what you have for dinner.

mos dan

fact music
I wouldn't want to be them.

Next up, people who you talk to on the phone who then want you to decide what they should have for dinner, while turning all your suggestions down. I'm sorry, I simply do not care what you have for dinner.

people who call you up when they're walking down the street with someone/sitting next to them on the sofa; you answer and say 'hello?', they are busy laughing or talking to the person next to them, or they say 'hang on a sec' to finish their conversation. erm, you called me you muppet!! one of my best mates used to do this all the time - i would just hang up immediately. he'd phone me back once he'd composed himself. we had an understanding. still did my head in tho.

STN

sou'wester
some sickening, filthy cockbasket has stolen my last recycling bin. Bloody vultures!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Jaie Miller

i am just not impressed by

flash photography :confused: (shown predominantly to me by females)

i really really really like to add contrast and saturation to my photos.

just do it.

"oh yeah, that was when she said to the bus driver easter card, and we all started laughing..."

I end up being like, "you know.....if you just add a little-"

"oh yeah that's sarah, there was this guy who was just like spying on her, and he was like really really really trampy, and then he left but we were all thinking like what if he was still there, like behind us and we thought he was gonna jump out...it was REALLY scary."

-my face.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
People who dish out insults but can't take them.

Some knob at the office has spent the last few days making snide comments and offering patronising "advice" to various younger members of staff. After lunch, he made a comment about my hair sticking up at the back (from wearing a cap at lunchtime) to which I replied "I don't think someone that looks like Uncle Fester is in any position to be slagging off people's appearances."* (He's bald, overweight and not the healthiest-looking camper) So he FLIPS and says "Don't talk to me like that, LAD!" Like what? Like how he talks to everybody else? He's in a silent strop now, and apparently I'm "lucky" that's he's not a "grass" who would take this up with management.

:p

*I admit I'd been waiting to use that one.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People who dish out insults but can't take them.

Some knob at the office has spent the last few days making snide comments and offering patronising "advice" to various younger members of staff. After lunch, he made a comment about my hair sticking up at the back (from wearing a cap at lunchtime) to which I replied "I don't think someone that looks like Uncle Fester is in any position to be slagging off people's appearances."* (He's bald, overweight and not the healthiest-looking camper) So he FLIPS and says "Don't talk to me like that, LAD!" Like what? Like how he talks to everybody else? He's in a silent strop now, and apparently I'm "lucky" that's he's not a "grass" who would take this up with management.

:p

*I admit I'd been waiting to use that one.

worship.gif
:)

Amplesamples

People who insist on showing you something really funny on their phones that was filmed on a night out. It's invariably filmed in a pub/club - you can't see/hear what's going on.

A mate of mine used to do it all the time - even when told him I wasn't interested. I used to say something along the lines of, "No I don't want to see it, I don't really care if so-and-so is dancing in an amusing way etc". And he'd get all arsey, telling me that it was really funny and I had to see it. So I'd watch it anyway and tell him it's not funny, I wasn't there etc.

And he'd still insist that it was funny. Surely that's up to me to decide? Why do people fill up their phones with mundane crap? When was it decided that people should film themselves and each other all the time?

STN

sou'wester
People who don't realise they have a responsibility not to be boring. You can't just tell me anything and I have to pretend to be interested; you have misunderstood the social contract. It is just as rude to tell me something you know I will have no interest in as it is for me to walk away while you're talking.

ROAR!

Pestario

tell your friends
when cling wrap splits down the middle when you're pulling it off the roll. You then have to stop and find where the other half is stuck try to scrape it off with your fingernails. I wasted 15mins trying to do this morning and even tried to cut along the edge with a knife to start the roll again. It didin't work and I fucked it up and threw the whole thing in the bin. I had to wrap my sandwhiches in foil which seems so extravagant and wasteful particualry after I had at least a couple of metres left on the cling wrap.

3 Body No Problem

People who don't realise they have a responsibility not to be boring. You can't just tell me anything and I have to pretend to be interested; you have misunderstood the social contract. It is just as rude to tell me something you know I will have no interest in as it is for me to walk away while you're talking.

Being interesting in conversation is a two way game. Your interlocutor should try and say something interesting, but would you consider somebody interesting who's incapable of intelligent reply to whatever subject you bring up?

This is why TV and the Internet are good: Most of the content is selected for being interesting, and the reader/viewer doesn't have to reply with something of interest. Makes life easy!

Jaie Miller

gospel music that makes me convulse:::
gospel music that says, if you aren't down with this right now.
then you are not down with Christ or whatever.
people with similar attitudes.

people who tell me to smile

you know what. sometimes you gotta think through some shit before you smile.
sometimes you gotta think through some shit before you hit the irony of the shituation.
sometimes you gotta carry some thought before you find what is really worth smiling about.
and if you interrupt that process. then fuck you. i will not smile on command. does my head in.

when routine stuff takes longer than necessary:: like going on the computer to print out an email. and msn will be down. or the printer will be plugged out and i'll have to reconfigure the printer. so it takes an hour instead of three seconds.

when someone takes something and doesn't tell you. like keys. so you search for hours and then you ask and they say. 'oh, i took it.'

people who change the argument. but maintain the anger about the last subject. so you start arguing about rent which requires a completely different approach and has nothing to do with what you were arguing about in the first place. and about a million more things to do with people being manipulative and basically schizophrenic. like me. ;)

Amplesamples

Pirate Radio Djs

I know a lot of people will disagree with this one, but pirate radio djs do my head in.

I get sick of the shouts and the rewinds after 10 mins - just play the tunes! I know that it's part of the whole culture and all that, but really some pirate djs should just STFU. Everytime I tune in to see whats on I get annoyed really quickly, so I can't be bothered anymore.

Anybody else with me on this one?