bassline house

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I don't get the difference.

I don't think it's fair to say it's a Northern sound, either, because this certainly hasn't penetrated Liverpool, Manchester seems to be all Grime (with their own pirates full of decent shit, no less). For example. My cousin lives in Newcastle and he hadn't heard of it, of course that just could be him.

everyone knows deep down that 'the north'= yorkshire

everyone knows deep down that 'the north'= yorkshire

I wonder where I am then.

I think something clicked with this today, actually; I quite like that Jamie Duggan mix that got posted although I could take or leave the vocals. Some of the basslines are really doing it for me though.

continuum

smugpolice
I've been rinsing that Jamie Duggan mix. Took me a few listens to get into but once I got used to the sound it has been getting constant play. Tune selection and mixing are both top.

continuum

smugpolice
Niche Vol1 - download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dhmmjz5wnuy

Tracklisting:
1. unknown - GSA/TSA
2. No Frills - JTJ Productions feat. Smoklo DB
3. 2007 Im Ur Baby - unknown
4. Never Wana Break Up - Shifty
5. Its You - JTJ Productions
6. As it is tv dubplate special - Wittyboy
7. Too Big - Subzero
8. Dirty Grime - JTJ Productions
9. Filth - T2
10. I Got Somebody Else - JTJ Productions
11. Baby (TS7 Remix) - TS7
12. Work It Out (Remix) - 1stborn
13. Mystery - Uthir
14. Manipulation - TS7
15. unknown - JTJ Productions
16. It's Our Night - Burgaboy feat. Natasha
17. Dirty Bass - XCESMUSIC4X4
18. unknown - unknown
19. U Wot U Wot - B6/GSA
20. unknown - unknown
21. Why - T2 feat. Danika
22. It's Just The Way - JTJ Productions
23. Ingz & Snapz - Back2Back
24. Relay feat. Murkleman, Skepta, Chronik, Sickman & Angery - Slew Dem

continuum

smugpolice
As it is tv in Leeds festival:
(This has got some good footage of Benga & Coki's 'Night' being played also)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

gumdrops

dj q plays some well good stuff.

is dizzee's flex kinda like bassline house? or is that funky house? or are they basically the same?

IKoss

Wild Horses
did this one a few days ago..

http://download.yousendit.com/8A94860655C18A08

cheers; full-crew.

----------------------------------------------

also i wanna bounce something against you lot.

im pondering doing these pilot-thingies, in various places.. here's the general idea:
i put up a link to a mix. anyone who wishes to take part simply has to dL + listen..

here's the catch though. i will label it only in a broad sense(genre). to determine if it's of remote interest.
for example, in this case the tunes will be of the 4/4-125 bpm and up, variety.

obviously it will be apparent to some/most what they are listening to.. but the subsequent findings will be useful to me, and hopefully enlightening for the group.

- the question/survey:
... might you seek out these type of flavors? how bout in a club/venue setting?
or if you were by chance at a spot where you heard such tunes.. can you dig it?? (turn it up some more)

i will point out also that this particular series is more of the vocal-upfront ceiling(ladies-tunes). watch out for the 'dutty-floor' series up next!

all comments=good comments=)

thanks in advance to all who participate!

ps. sure it's a bit of a spoiler, posting in this thread. but i wanted a few reactions to the idea before go full blast. and i dont reckon the opinion of those who have been already reading this thread can skew the results too badly..

continuum

smugpolice
Niche Vol1 - download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dhmmjz5wnuy

Tracklisting:
1. unknown - GSA/TSA
2. No Frills - JTJ Productions feat. Smoklo DB
3. 2007 Im Ur Baby - unknown
4. Never Wana Break Up - Shifty
5. Its You - JTJ Productions
6. As it is tv dubplate special - Wittyboy
7. Too Big - Subzero
8. Dirty Grime - JTJ Productions
9. Filth - T2
10. I Got Somebody Else - JTJ Productions
11. Baby (TS7 Remix) - TS7
12. Work It Out (Remix) - 1stborn
13. Mystery - Uthir
14. Manipulation - TS7
15. unknown - JTJ Productions
16. It's Our Night - Burgaboy feat. Natasha
17. Dirty Bass - XCESMUSIC4X4
18. unknown - unknown
19. U Wot U Wot - B6/GSA
20. unknown - unknown
21. Why - T2 feat. Danika
22. It's Just The Way - JTJ Productions
23. Ingz & Snapz - Back2Back
24. Relay feat. Murkleman, Skepta, Chronik, Sickman & Angery - Slew Dem

Niche Vol1 Bonus Tracks

Download them here: http://www.mediafire.com/?5zylcbwjj29

Tracklisting:
1. Leave Me In The Dark - T2
2. I Got That - T2
3. One Thing To Say - JTJ Productions
4. Perfect Girl - TS7
5. Loose Screws - T2
6. I Want U - T2
7. Show Me - T2
8. Smile - TS7 feat. Tonia Kodh
9. Flip Flop Pt2 - TS7
10. unknown - unknown
11. Phaze (TS7 Remix) - Davinche
12. Saved Soul (unknown remix) - DJ Narrows
13. Stand Up - JTJ Productions

mos dan

fact music
yeah that's the one rekless has been bigging up on his show innit - it's in ilford. man, fucking ilford.. do they actually WANT there to be trouble or what?

having heard a whole half an hour of (zzzzz) funky house at the rinse night last night, i think i can safely say i know which way i would like the nuum to mutate next, haha

there's a friday night bassline show on Freeze FM these days, had no idea because i don't live in London anymore but yeah, it was on between 10-11, I don't know much more.

(92.7).

mms

sometimes
Niche Vol1 Bonus Tracks

Download them here: http://www.mediafire.com/?5zylcbwjj29

Tracklisting:
1. Leave Me In The Dark - T2
2. I Got That - T2
3. One Thing To Say - JTJ Productions
4. Perfect Girl - TS7
5. Loose Screws - T2
6. I Want U - T2
7. Show Me - T2
8. Smile - TS7 feat. Tonia Kodh
9. Flip Flop Pt2 - TS7
10. unknown - unknown
11. Phaze (TS7 Remix) - Davinche
12. Saved Soul (unknown remix) - DJ Narrows
13. Stand Up - JTJ Productions

i really enjoyed some of that, the basslines and shit have got that full on dance music as headspinning fairground rise like the best stuff in the 'nuum.

Amicose

My brother lives in Leeds, I want to send him to the market to buy a tape pack, for me,w hat shall i tell him to buy?

mms

sometimes
i'd like some good bits of vinyl of this stuff, not really found many places tho.
uptown have a bit, anywhere else?

continuum

smugpolice
i really enjoyed some of that, the basslines and shit have got that full on dance music as headspinning fairground rise like the best stuff in the 'nuum.

This music is like crack to me. Original Hardcore around 90-92 is my all time favourite music and this is the first time since then I've heard music that measures up in certain cases. Jungle was always big for me as I was old enough to go out and experience it (unlike Hardcore) when it got big around '94. I've always hankered for a style like that original Hardcore sound since then though so that I could experience it going out and bassline/niche is it.

This might sound really weird but as soon as I heard Archangel by Burial for the first time something changed inside me and led me to discovering the above.

One of the main things that drew me to Grime and Dubstep was that it made me feel like Jungle did. Bassline is like Hardcore though. Like we have come full circle finally.

Last edited: