4linehaiku

Repetitive
I saw him a few years ago and he was great then.
Not sure what all this talk of recent improvement is about?

Think the big transition was when he dropped vinyl and started the laptop sets. I don't think records ever really worked for him, he just DJed because, you know, that's just what everyone did. That was years ago though, so I don't know if people are talking about some newer development. Every time I have seen him play live has been great, except for last year at Free Rotation where I really couldn't handle it for some reason. I think it pharmaceutical issue of my own though, rather than his tunes.

re: getting faster, isn't it more spreading out in both directions from 140? Those youtube ones are obviously faster, but I think there's actually more examples that have headed downwards towards Funky over the last few years. The Dubstep diaspora is drifting away, some of it is obviously going to end up in the higher BPMs.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
Re: jungle

It's the 20 year cycle thing innit? It will be nice if there's going to be jungle revival, but in the other hand quite depressing 'cos these revivals seems to be so predictable... Where's all new ideas?

Tbh Kode9's Fact mix doesn't look very interesting - it's full of obvious classics. I'm fed up to so many jungle mixes being all the same... Dj Marky at least had some not that obvious tracks in his recent Mixcloud set:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Tbh Kode9's Fact mix doesn't look very interesting - it's full of obvious classics. I'm fed up to so many jungle mixes being all the same... Dj Marky at least had some not that obvious tracks in his recent Mixcloud set:

Errrrr ... really? The Prodigy, Bukem, Ray Keith, Omni trio, Goldie, Roni Size, Tom & Jerry, Grooverider, Photek, Krust, Hype and Deep Blue are hardly niche obscurities.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
jungle's fashionable again is it? didnt know if it ever went out, original jungle that is...

I've noticed it more in the last 6~12 months, increasing in frequency and pace: more (old) vinyl changing hands, more chatter on local forums, more local "Jungle" productions, an increase of Jungle gigs erc etc. Round these parts it seems a lot of predominately older people now disenfranchised with whole midrange flangestep status quo are digging the Jungle ting.
It'll be interesting to see if the pilled up 18yr olds get in on the action.

dave

the day today tonight
No? It's probably unheard of here, cultural phenomenons at the source take months to disseminate out to the colonies.
Yeah, EMI were frustrated that none of the radio stations wanted to play it, which just doesn't make sense when it was #1 in the UK. Dumb radio.

Anyway that was a while back and I've seen it on C4 since. Jungle vibes at the end of the video: I like it.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Pass Out was posted in the Pop derived from Grime thread some time ago, great track, much better than a lot of the old grime crew's weak pop drivel

FairiesWearBoots

I think it also because its sounds fresh (again) - there arent many styles around that give you that
intoxicating depth of low sub & spitty hi-hats, just as a couple of examples - Dope Dragon/Full Cycle/Congo Natty etc you know the sound I mean,

Have caned this DJ Die set, its from 07 but its a Bristol classics set, Bristol sound from 93 - 99

http://www.dnb-sets.de/?set=114950

continuum

smugpolice

track listing for Loefahs set,

footcrab vip - addison groove (dub)
tc - kryptic minds (dub)
tired light - instra:mental (darkestral)
beacon - ramadanman (dub)
claptrap - joe (hessle)
level crossing - joe (hessle)
tweaked - shortstuff - (dub)
IRL - girl unit -(night slugs)
work doc - addison groove (dub)
work it - addison groove (swamp 81)
hot raw sex - jimmy edger/instra:mental rmx (?)
battle scene - addison groove (dub)
sexual - addison groove (swamp 81)
woo vs glut - sx x ramadanman (dub)
work them - ramadanman (swamp 81)
glut - ramadanman (hemlock)
fall short - ramadanman (swamp 81)
tempest - ramadanman (hemlock)
Because You - faltyDL (panet mu)
night hunter - fis t (serial 502)

samdiamond

track listing for loefahs set,

footcrab vip - addison groove (dub)
tc - kryptic minds (dub)
tired light - instra:mental (darkestral)
beacon - ramadanman (dub)
claptrap - joe (hessle)
level crossing - joe (hessle)
tweaked - shortstuff - (dub)
irl - girl unit -(night slugs)
work doc - addison groove (dub)
work it - addison groove (swamp 81)
hot raw sex - jimmy edger/instra:mental rmx (?)
battle scene - addison groove (dub)
sexual - addison groove (swamp 81)
woo vs glut - sx x ramadanman (dub)
work them - ramadanman (swamp 81)
glut - ramadanman (hemlock)
fall short - ramadanman (swamp 81)
tempest - ramadanman (hemlock)
because you - faltydl (panet mu)
night hunter - fis t (serial 502)

this is amazing.

benw

nice mix that, really looking forward to the ramadanman swamp 81 release - perimeter particularly, tho most people seem to be hyping work them.

oh also shackleton's live set = engaging to the max. really smashed it! had everyone going for it, including several people who i'm sure have never heard of shackleton (and who i was sort of expecting to be scared off by his live set).