Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
was that you with the drip @ FWD?

I'd kinda love to say yes, but nah, this was just curled up on the couch at home with Ibuprofen and the stereo up loud.
Trying to bridge two of the threads here, basically all dubstep is pyschedelic isn't it? (To greater and lesser degrees obv.)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Some big tunes at the moment with that old vibe - Pev's 'Bluez' and Skream's 'Backwards'... oh and Pinch 'Midnight Oil'. There seem to be a few of these tunes at the moment where the sub bass is absorbed into the kick drums, if you know what I mean.

FWD tomorrow? Think it'll be a mission for me but still want to reach, love Martyn sets too much. Want to hear his new stuff too.

viktorvaughn

Some big tunes at the moment with that old vibe - Pev's 'Bluez' and Skream's 'Backwards'... oh and Pinch 'Midnight Oil'. There seem to be a few of these tunes at the moment where the sub bass is absorbed into the kick drums, if you know what I mean.

FWD tomorrow? Think it'll be a mission for me but still want to reach, love Martyn sets too much. Want to hear his new stuff too.

Yeah should be a good one...think there will be queues?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I flopped, probably a good thing I did as well cos I'd have got there after the big queue had formed. Would like to have heard the D-Bridge/Burial collabo...

Only things I can hold onto from that thread are that it was rammed, people weren't dancing and SP MCd for Martyn lol

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Was good...very busy even by Friday night in PP comparisons.

Martyn was cool, played a bunch of funky along with his own stuff and was generally top notch. D Bridge was wicked to kick tings off. They'd sorted the sound out really well in there too, as sometimes on a Sunday it doesn't sound as firing as it might for some reason.

Left before Kodes came on.

franz

http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=76337

some good stuff on this chef v. LD rinse set from the other day. the opening track from Von D "so many faces" is way nice...

kind of curious if anyone knows anything about this G-Double fellow... are people aware/is it acknowledged that Highest is a pretty much verbatim lift of alabama rappers G-Side's Strictly Buzinezz? or maybe this is one of those embarassing instances where i'm just unaware that that track was already its own glaring lift? sounds nice enough anyway.

mos dan

fact music
http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=76337

some good stuff on this chef v. LD rinse set from the other day. the opening track from Von D "so many faces" is way nice...

kind of curious if anyone knows anything about this G-Double fellow... are people aware/is it acknowledged that Highest is a pretty much verbatim lift of alabama rappers G-Side's Strictly Buzinezz? or maybe this is one of those embarassing instances where i'm just unaware that that track was already its own glaring lift? sounds nice enough anyway.

g double rolls with purple, and is pretty much always really annoying. 'big step small step / let's keep it moving moving'. unless we're talking about another g double..

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
g double rolls with purple, and is pretty much always really annoying. 'big step small step / let's keep it moving moving'. unless we're talking about another g double..

No must be the same guy. I know he's produced a few beats. And he's tight with Anti-Social so would make sense that he's got something forthcoming on 'Break The Habit'. Can't say he's one of my favourite MCs...

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I'm sure this is old news to most, but the DMZ birthday line up is apparently going to be:

DMZ
KODE9 VS ONEMAN
SKREAM VS HATCHA
PINCH VS JOKER
SILKIE VS QUEST
DISTANCE VS GOTHTRAD
HEADHUNTER VS YOUNGSTA
LD VS CLUEKID

Nothing very surprising, but should be pretty good fun. Kode9 vs Oneman!
Good to see they are catering for the smokers with some entirely missable bits too.

Last edited:

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
Pinch vs Joker could be interesting as well. Dark half-steppy beats vs. colourful synths (I realise those are pretty poor descriptions)

Good to see they are catering for the smokers with some entirely missable bits too.

LOL. Interesting how they've put on whole line-ups in the past few months catering for the smokers crew ;)