powerpill

i wonder what they will do with regards to 3rd base not being used. the other main room with the DJ booth in the heavens is not the one for DMZ really. this will be mega packed and theres gonna be allot of dissapointed heads outside if they only use the normal room. feeling the lineup though, pinch/joker will be good i hope. wonder what kode will play

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Big lineup, I'm not going though and I'm not that bothered now I know 3rd Base isn't open. That was the best thing about last years, the main room was too packed.

Also b2bs aren't always the one.

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
i wonder what they will do with regards to 3rd base not being used.

They definitely not opening it? Last year's unannounced sets down there were the best thing on. Oneman and Plasticman grime set were sick. Missed Appleblim & Shackleton though.

There will definitely be a lot of disappointed people if its just the main room.

powerpill

Big lineup, I'm not going though and I'm not that bothered now I know 3rd Base isn't open. That was the best thing about last years, the main room was too packed.

Also b2bs aren't always the one.

i'm considering allowing it too. you going futureproof?

powerpill

They definitely not opening it? Last year's unannounced sets down there were the best thing on. Oneman and Plasticman grime set were sick. Missed Appleblim & Shackleton though.

There will definitely be a lot of disappointed people if its just the main room.

aye, loefah just posted on DSF saying the church arent allowing it to be hired anymore which is a shame. was a nice space

mos dan

fact music

yh that sounded amazing at the time, like the crazy cousinz/oneman room at rinse v fwd recently. if it's not open allow it though.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The vibe at DMZ is always wicked, sometimes I think I go more for that vibe than the music necessarily... But the last few DMZs I went to were musically strong - Silkie and Quest, Appleblim, Oneman, Benny Ill etc. But I dunno, I can just see the birthday being so rammed and without third base to get some space to dance it'd just be a little claustraphobic.

powerpill - yeah I'm going to FProof. Lineup is pretty much ideal, hopefully the system will be firing and if it is the socials quite a good venue.

Mala's playing at PP on thursday, isn't he? I wish I lived in London lol

Have I mentioned Peverelist - ''The Bluez'' on here? Fucking BIG.

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
i think bluez is ill

has a really strange vibe , really like the jungley cymbal action and the melody that comes in makes me think of sakamoto or summat.... big.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
interesting. do you really think it's as big as other pev tunes, say waterfalls remix, clunk click or the grind?

To jump in, I reckon its the best thing he's done apart from maybe that tune Esperanto.

The whole early jammer/sino feel in the keys is wicked and really makes the tune...its a tuffer sounding beat, more on the Pinch vibe but he just rolls it out for ages in that pulsing no-drop, never-ending style he has. I head him play this in Berlin last year and it was just immenese.

It does remind you of B2 Unit or whatever that Sakamoto album is called.

So are there nights that are just wobble now?
I went to Sin City a couple of months back (Slimzee no-show), and it was effectively 6 hours of generic throbbing bass with no let-up.

Initially thought it was a one-off but I don't know anything about dubstep anymore apart from the Anti-Social show on Rinse and stuff I get in this thread tbh.

powerpill

Where'd you hear this? been loving Guido's stuff on that mix that was posted up a while back, particularly that 'mad sax' tune... totally brilliant. I hope he puts out some vinyl soon.

hes got a 12 coming out on punch drunk next monday, orchestral lab b/w way you make m feel!

tom lea

self-promotion i know, but this is ridiculously good.

plus he's playing our free party at the lock tavern on sunday- come one, come all.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
interesting. do you really think it's as big as other pev tunes, say waterfalls remix, clunk click or the grind?

I think they're all great to be honest. I haven't heard Clunk Click or Waterfalls on a loud enough system yet, Bluez I listened to as loud as possible on headphones recently which might be some sort of a substitute. I love those chords in Clunk Click - icy chords seem to be the order of the day with Pinch and Pev at the moment... Bluez has just got that pounding sub onslaught, gives me that feeling that Burial talked about tunes having 'the thousand yard stare' or whatever, sort of a trance/zone-out sensation (having said that I was fucking battered when I listened to it haha)... Bluez feels like a mesmeric techno tune in this respect - there's the same thing in Waterfalls RMX with the arpeggios cascading all over the place (the second drop in that tune is shocking). But there's the big sub hits and rhythmic skittishness of jungle too, I suppose...

I need to buy more Pev tunes. I remember 'The Grind' getting played at subloaded in Bristol, sitting against the back wall with my internal organs being shaken vigorously.

I was interested to read the RA interview with him where he says he thinks of his music as closer to jungle than techno, and talks about the influence of mid 90s rollers on his sound.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

^ E.G. ^