4linehaiku

Repetitive
yeah i didnt want to draw attention to it but i'm not exactly happy with the way i behaved in that thread, i hate that it keeps being linked to and would like it to be noted that it was a long time ago

It's a bit unfortunate that that one thread tends to be pulled up without any context. Oh well. I think your reaction was pretty appropriate at the time as it goes. His conduct is that thread really was only the tip of the iceberg.
I guess the total recall of the internet is a bit of a shame sometimes.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Presented by Zomby would be even more hilarious.

"FUCK YOUR BAN. I'M GOING TO BURY YOU ALL."

Edit: Dissensus' Top 100 feuds would be a scream.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Wow, I don't use dubstepforum much so I completely missed this. Zomby is a retard. I think it is really funny when musicians who are big within their relatively small scene decide they can walk around like Lil Wayne or something.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
He does appear to be of the 'tard persuasion.

I think everyone here should produce a remix of his stuff tonight and submit it to his myspace, so that he literally explodes with rage.

blackpixie

damn...

hmmm. he makes good tunes, maybe he is just an eccentric genius... :eek:

il just try and convince myself of that so i dont have to think about it when i enjoy the zomby ep whenever i put it on....

still... very weird

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Think Zomby should concentrate on suing this guy to be honest: It's a total rip off of The Lie, and to top it all off the cheeky bastard had the audacity to go back in time and release it 4 years ago. It's an outrage.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
It's a total rip off of The Lie, and to top it all off the cheeky bastard had the audacity to go back in time and release it 4 years ago. It's an outrage.

Yeah, youth of today, messing with cause and effect and spacetime. Someone should write a letter.

(you always have the funniest posts, 4linehaiku!)

nomos

Administrator
yeah i seem to remember having been surprised at the dsf ban because i guess i'd stopped paying much attention to the forum by then but thought he was generally safe in previous experience.

i was actually oblivious to most of the stuff that's been raised about him, apart from the odd "oh that zomby - he missed a gig again.. tsk tsk." partly i posted the link because that sort of argument seems to come up over and over between artists (especially after they've reached a certain level of notoriety) and fans/djs/bloggers who, up to that point, have been keen on supporting them via the usual routes - mixes, etc. also the whole shifting logic of what's alright to appropriate/remake (and when and by whom).

tom lea

i dunno. i havent had massive contact with zomby, just a few myspace messages and emails, but he's always been fairly polite - even when he was annoyed about something.

anyone who's followed his music (as blog matey apparently has) should have realised he's staggered info about that ramp ep pretty carefully, revealing a little bit at a time, and it's pretty lame for someone to rip the youtube preview and stick it on their blog- whether it's in remix form or not. yeah he's gone overboard with the all-caps swearing, but the dude knew he was taking a risk.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
anyone who's followed his music (as blog matey apparently has) should have realised he's staggered info about that ramp ep pretty carefully, revealing a little bit at a time, and it's pretty lame for someone to rip the youtube preview and stick it on their blog

But - and not to start the whole debate up over again - all of that music was already available via the youtube clips, it's not as if the guy leaked anything new. If anything he helped spread the previewing process further, it's free publicity for Zomby.
Obviously I'm a fan of Zomby's music, and I don't know enough about his behaviour in the past to really comment on it, but behaving like that just comes across as arrogant to me. Almost like he's throwing his weight around for the sake of it, because he thinks he can.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
he was jj on the old rinse forum also, and not a jerk back then...super enthusiastic from what i remember...

that's pretty sad then. it's understandable being precious over your own material and the fact you made it, but to expect to post it up and then no-one to do anything with it (and not something objectionable, really) seems wilfully naive.

drilla

If anything he helped spread the previewing process further, it's free publicity for Zomby.

This is actually completely true in my case. I've been aware of zomby, heard a few tracks here and there, but was not a 'following fan' as such... had never heard of this Ramp ep. just from hearing of this little incident I'm now heavily aware of it and will be listening out for it. Buying it is another story.. but we're talking about publicity.

Oh and his whole not showing up for shows behavior... I have no idea what's really his case, but for what it's worth I once had an episode where I literally could not leave my room or pick up the phone, even to meet a very close friend just outside my building. It's called being fucking mental. Except I don't make endless raw tunes.... [just a few here and there ;)]

Purple... hmm... ZOMBY IS PRINCE

Last edited: