Algierstwin

god yeah me too. dubbage is kind of like what a complete tool would say when going out to a dub night, eg "fancy a bit of dubbage later chaps?". the sort of person who also says "brewski" and "leg end"

hahahahahah post of the year for me.

also one to use the izzle as a suffix

and the word chillax

Leo

just about, so long as you're not referring to someone crap like Frank Sinatra or Evel Knievel.

HEY! watch what you say about the chairman. i live in his hometown and know numerous local wiseguy sopranos-types who'd bust your kneecaps for making that kind of remark...;)

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Hey, if anyone in North America has seen Skream play in their city very recently, please tell me how it went. I've heard good sets and bad sets from him these days, and I'm worried about spending $20 on a bad one this Sunday, especially after the $20 I spent on the atrocity that was Benga.

pajbre

saw mary ann hobbs in LA this past week. my first (!) time experiencing dubstep outside the confines of home listening. must say it hurt pretty good for the most part. MAH's set was, for the most part, punishing. almost b2b wobble the entire time. what cracked me up was, when she dropped 'hyph mngo' the entire club stopped dancing and stood there baffled. c'mon LA, learn to love the skip and slink!

flying lotus did a 'secret' set afterward. have been on the fence about him for a while, still not sure after this, but was intrigued by the abstract gangsterdelic fennesz-step he was playing.

hopper

anyone on here got the Kryptic Minds LP? Aint picked up a copy yet - but everything I've heard sounds heavy. the clips on boomkat are a lot.

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
anyone on here got the Kryptic Minds LP? Aint picked up a copy yet - but everything I've heard sounds heavy. the clips on boomkat are a lot.

Thought it sounded like a warmed over version of the excellent 'From the Shadows' LP, by Cyrus. Seems like a well produced, but fairly generic collection of moody arrangements, that simply ended up aping a lot of that sullen/brooding material that came out circa '06/'07.

Not bad, but hardly groundbreaking. Probably ideal for an embittered 17 year old to skulk around in the dark to.

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
not really surprised to hear this kinda thing on dissensus, but thanks for the patronisation.

I don't see the point in sugarcoating how I feel about it. Also, I think it's a little myopic to undermine or dismiss an opinion on a piece of music as merely an extension of the forum in which it's posted.

joe.dfx

who knows...
i dont really get the kryptic minds hype either, so dont worry you aren't alone.

they sound just like i thought they would given their/his dnb output, albeit much less abrasive then a lot of the over the top buzz saw bass lines...

it's not terrible, but it's nothing i'm running out to buy on the release date.

i highly doubt that if Loefah wasn't championing them, they'd be getting a lot less press...