wascal

Wild Horses
i went to the soundclash night.. i wasn't expecting it to be that good to be honest.. only went cos a i got a chance freebie ticket.

it was actually fuckin quality tho. :)

DMZ were definitely using Dirt soundsystem and it sounded sick. loads of weight.

poax was on truly top form.. slaughtered metalheadz camp all night. cussed jazzie b for playing off CDs..

soul II soul were quality aswell. played loads of old wookie beats - Battle, Little Man remix etc

good night really. DMZ smashed it. although Mala is in such a different league to Coki, both as a DJ and producer. coki really can't mix at all can he?

and yeah why did metalheadz get caspa? seems really weird. he dropped hyph mngo. went off.

The sets are up on http://redbullmusicacademyradio.com/shows/2424/ now, been listenng all afternoon.

Pokes going on about how he went to metalheadz back in the day and never saw Andy C was classic, no holds barred lol

gumdrops

im listening to a bit of it now - surprised jazzie b is playing pussyole. i know soundsystems arent stuck in time and arent all genre specific but for something like this i thought theyd be playing stuff particular to their own genres/eras rather than just try and do a bit of everything which seems a bit desperate.

grizzleb

I've heard that the album is closest in sound to the 'videotape' cover they did for mary anne hobbes mix cd. If that's the case I'll be well chuffed, the funky guitar licks and soul samples are well fresh.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
the videotape cover sounds closer to vocoders than to shoegazing to me. do you thing the journalist literally meant shoegazing? like Ride, Swervedriver, MBV etc?

computer_rock

'without trojan there would be no dubstep'. lol what the fucks this all about?

edit- poax kills it on that recording. funny man

Last edited:

Richard Carnage

Pokes is jokes at this Culture Clash thing. Anyone know the drum'n'bass tune played in the "selection" section at about 25 minutes by Metalheadz? Probably really obvious, but I'm sure I've heard it somewhere before and can't remember for the life of me.

Wild Horses
shoegaze was not accurate, i was talking about the rehearsals we did over the last summer and how we didnt quite get the sound we wanted. it was a flippant comment, the sound won't be like this at all...

but we can back grand statements up.

Numbers

Not sure if this still fits into the dubstep category, the post-new-garage-funk thread or the one on wonky, but Kuedo (aka Jamie Vexd) has a new podcast for RA.

ra196-kuedo.jpg

Tracklist looks interesting.

The Creatures - Morning Dawning - Wonderland
Mike Slott - Snow Birds Expansion - LuckyMe
Kuedo - Glow - Planet Mu
Kuedo - Joy Construction - Planet Mu
Krystal Klear - Boogie Wan
Om Unit - Lightgrids - All City Records
Little Dragon - A New (Clay Moon remix) - Peacefrog
Mount Kimbie - At Least (Instra:mental remix) - Hotflush Recordings
Kuedo - Shutter Light Girl - Planet Mu
Kuedo - Shutter Light Girl (Falty DL remix) - Planet Mu