IanTheM

Tame Horse
i know dubstep ppl are vinyl obsessives but cant they ever just do a high quality single (ie cheaper) vinyl pressing? i dont think it would compromise the quality THAT much. ramadanman one should be really good if its got the stuff ive been hearing on radio lately.

Honestly, pressing the vinyl itself isn't the super expensive part. Mastering, the sleeves, having the metal work done are all what really drive the cost up.

benjybars

village elder.
i didn't think the article was that bad.. bit gushing maybe but nice to read something positive that isn't just 'sick tune' posted on a dsf thread.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
i dunno if it was, i think it's a neutral statement of fact. geeneus has done more for dubstep - when no one else in the pirate sphere cared - than 99% of all other players, so in that context 'neutral' makes more sense...

gumdrops

i dunno if it was, i think it's a neutral statement of fact. geeneus has done more for dubstep - when no one else in the pirate sphere cared - than 99% of all other players, so in that context 'neutral' makes more sense...

the tone mightve been neutral, but i dont believe it was meant in the same way as 'yeah safe bruv!' or 'that guy, yeah hes safe'. it was meant how i might say wileys new single is 'safe grime'. even if it wasnt meant as a diss, everyone knows what safe in that context means. i think geeneus is just into backing any new kind of sound really, whatever he personally thinks of them. hes a smart/nurturing/forward looking kind of guy (as everyone knows) isnt he? which is why rinse is as good as it is. anyway.... in the end, i think dubstep kinda won the grime/dubstep war...

JWoulf

i think it neatly summarizes how the genre no one wanted now has influenced very disparate genres (dubby techno, US rap, hype grime etc...)

It goes on as if dubstep is the savior of all electronic and dance music "Dubstep has changed everything. Absolutely everything". I just think it's a bit too much. And as for the influences on other genres, though certainly they exist, isn't it really the other way around; dubstep has been influenced by grime, techno, rap, it hasn't really made those genres change?

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
It goes on as if dubstep is the savior of all electronic and dance music "Dubstep has changed everything. Absolutely everything". I just think it's a bit too much. And as for the influences on other genres, though certainly they exist, isn't it really the other way around; dubstep has been influenced by grime, techno, rap, it hasn't really made those genres change?
Yeah, I think it's interesting that there's something or some combination of things about dubstep that make it blur boundaries and cross-pollinate interestingly with an unusually wide range of other genres - and it has left its mark on them as well as vice versa - but the article goes on like it's some kind of year zero for the whole of dance music. Which is getting a bit silly...