wascal

Wild Horses
Guido album launch party @ Dubloaded last night - some proper nice tunes in his set. Goth Trad rinsed it too, nice cross between almost techno stuff and some grating metallic tunes. Guido ended his set with some minimal jazzy 90bpm sub thing, vibes. His album is going to be v v good.

hopper

anyone else think its slightly risky to pre order on redeye, as I remember their pre order system was a bit dodgy, and lots of people never got their records? Could imagine they have a lot more pre orders than they do stock. Really don't wanna miss out on this, but feel redeye may be a bit of a danger

4linehaiku

Repetitive
The Big Apple repress debacle is certainly the first thing that leaps to my mind when anyone mentions the words "redeye" and "pre-order" together.

Ory

warp drive
i get in on a lot of pre-orders with them, also use their reserve function quite a bit. they've never missed a beat, so i trust them fully on this one.

wise

bare BARE BONES
anyone else think its slightly risky to pre order on redeye, as I remember their pre order system was a bit dodgy, and lots of people never got their records? Could imagine they have a lot more pre orders than they do stock. Really don't wanna miss out on this, but feel redeye may be a bit of a danger

Never had a problem with them apart from a long wait

Webstarr

what do people think of the anti-social hip hop stuff thats been bouncing around recently? I'm liking the stuff kromestar is doing

Haven't heard any of it apart from one Silkie beat that he played on the Boomnoise and Pokes show around the time when his album came out and that was half decent, any audio floating about?

michael

Bring out the vacuum
If "hip-hop stuff" includes Chali 2na (ex-Jurassic Park, maybe one of the most annoying MCs ever, imo) over a Rusko beat, then... I think it's not very good.

Rapping in time to LFOs (wobble) = worst idea ever

Free download / stream on rcrdlbl.com if you want to hear it... it is at least funny, but not intentionally.

joe.dfx

who knows...
yeah, the dubstep + hip hop mcing doesn't work imo. maybe joker could pull it off (but that would be grime then really...) he remixed that track with Dynamite MC awhile back that wasn't too dredful if i remember right. that mix cd that plastician did with all the US rappers was awful too. it just doesn't make sense to me. but if i was a UK guy and some big US hip hop guys wanted to do a vocal for me it would probably sound exciting. just never seems to work right as the US guys dont know the music to flow right.

& if it's even worth discussing, rusko producing for britney spears is pretty funny too.

lol at him saying "she doesn't want chessy pop tunes"

really, cause she's made millions of $$$ off them...

Webstarr

check the recent anti-social shows, especially the ones with kromestar (Yesterdays was good)

When I say hip hop i'm not on about some US rapper over some big wobble stuff, the stuff i've heard is soulful (as you'd expect with anti-social)

gumdrops

not heard any of anti social or kromestars hip-hop but if its them lot, ive a feeling it will be more like underground hip hop meets dubstep rather than say, trying to get some random crunk guys involved. ive not really heard any good dubstep-american rapper couplings so far though. i think id be more interested if they got some dancehall artists on it.

im surprised they havent worked with any uk hip hop guys though - i reckon dubstep and ukhh artists would get along perfectly.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
I've heard quite a few grime MCs sounding good over the sort of big wobbly tunes that I'd normally hate

P Money - Slang Like This
www.youtube.com/watch?v=srI8TJZWZOM

yeah i dont mind grime MCs over certain wobble tracks, ie this and d double over streetfighter. odd since i hate wobble instrumentals. i honestly think it's a sonics thing - the frequency of the MCs drowns out the top end of the wobble mid, and their anger feels more justified that that of the wobble, less infantile.