scottdisco

rip this joint please
oh my word, went to forest vs leicester and have nearly lost my voice. we are playing very very good football right now.

oh my stars!

the only disappointment is i was hoping you would double that ht lead.. ;)

i went to Wigan today w two Brummie mates, bloody good craic, football regrettably poor, though at least Blooz won

p.s.
i lost my voice at Chester : Alty last Satd i must say.

hucks

Your Message Here
Hat trick for Earnshaw? Local derby too, so that's massive

Went to Carrow Road today. We sauntered to a 2-0 lead against Oldham, then both teams decided to stop. The Oldham fans were great, though - singing "Let's pretend we scored a goal" then going bananas regardless of the on pitch "action". Apparently they haven't scored in 5 or something now...

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Hat trick for Earnshaw? Local derby too, so that's massive

Went to Carrow Road today. We sauntered to a 2-0 lead against Oldham, then both teams decided to stop. The Oldham fans were great, though - singing "Let's pretend we scored a goal" then going bananas regardless of the on pitch "action". Apparently they haven't scored in 5 or something now...

i went up the Den w an Oldham mate earlier this season (Wall won 2-0, which was slightly undeserved, but not massively so), and at one stage in the second half a guy behind me w a broad Owdham accent piped up really slowly and deliberately (voice getting higher as he continued) COME ON LATICS THA DON'T KNOW WHAT THA DOING

well it made me laugh.

this, incidentally, is a total must-see

in hindsight, i saw them at above match, down the front in the away end, clutching coffees, and thought to myself they were the only people present that were not male or not an angry Lancastrian.. ...oh, and, you know, really fucking cute

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Didn't see the game (well, not much of it), but that Arshavin goal was class. One of my favourite players, without a doubt. Arsenal need another of him - then they'd really be in business.

Good to see Chelsea inexplicably stuttering. And that's before the African Nations Cup.

As for Villa, not to get all jingoistic, but great to see a side prosper with so many good English attacking players. Milner's a huge prospect, from the little I've seen of him. i think they've just become my default most-liked Premiership team. Can't argue with a Martin O'Neill team, either - he'd be my choice for England manager, though obviously (?) he'd never want it.

Last edited:

hucks

Your Message Here
Can't argue with a Martin O'Neill team, either - he'd be my choice for England manager, though obviously (?) he'd never want it.

He was interviewed for it when Sven left, but said he only wanted to deal with the 1st team, wasn't interested in linking with the U21s or training up his successor and the FA said NO! For we are thinking LONG TERM.

Which was laudable, but when they sacked Second Choice Steve they ditched all that and went for the best person available.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Stuttgart v Barcelona
Olympiakos v Bordeaux
Inter Milan v Chelsea
Bayern Munich v Fiorentina
CSKA Moscow v Sevilla
Lyon v Real Madrid
Porto v Arsenal
AC Milan v Manchester United

Tasty - some cracking ties there. Glad to see some 'new' names will be in the last eight for sure.

I fancy Barcelona again, gotta say - nice last 16 draw to gather confidence, and they've gotta be better than they were at the beginning/middle of the group phase.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
names?

you mean; olympiakos or bordeaux?

sevilla are hardly a new name.

sorry to be picky...

well, fair nuff, obv not new names. But as far as I can recall neither Sevilla nor Bordeaux have been in the last eight of the CL (and, with the excpetion of Valencia in 2000-1, Spanish clubs aside from the Big Two have never gone too far...Deportivo never lived up to their potential for me, which is sad, as one of their games vs United featured some of the best football i've ever seen - from both sides).

Olympiakos have reached the last 8 before (and were unlucky not to reach the last 4, as i recall, but struggling to remember who they were playing....), but they and CSKA would be good to represent eastern Europe.

don_quixote

Trent End
villarreal made qfs last year, valencia made qfs in 2007, villarreal made semis in 06, deportivo semis in 04...

admittedly none have reached the final since 01... i was surprised by sevilla actually, i thought they'd gone deeper but i think i've been confused by their uefa cup victories.

last time a french side made the quarter finals? lyon 06

crackerjack

bound to happen sooner or later, pt 1

1831: BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City have confirmed the sacking of manager Mark Hughes, and announced the appointment of Roberto Mancini as his replacement.

bound to happen sooner or later, pt 2

1841: Yet more breaking news: Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is to face proceedings over a tax issue, his solicitors said today in a statement issued by the football club.

don_quixote

Trent End
i actually am starting to think forest could get promoted this season. 14 matches unbeaten in the league... 9 wins 5 draws. we've not lost in 3 months.

now we're level on points with 2nd!! when we started this run we were 19th - 13 points behind west brom who we're now level with

scottdisco

rip this joint please
personal rant

Forest and Canaries great guns, and what a game at the Valley!

splendid to see the City comedy store continue and joy beyond measure at the sight of toilet performances from United and Liverpool..

don_quixote

Trent End
16438_233318816962_560651962_4138767_7264073_n.jpg

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Fulham 3 0 Man U i sone of those scorelines I thought I'd read wrong for a minute. if only Chelsea could lose today, this would be a flashback to the genuinely mixed- up title races when i started following football in the '80s.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
get in Jambos :D

Mick McCarthy, on balance, vindicated, i see. note that Owen Coyle supported McCarthy's decision to field an under-strength team in Trafford.

not Arsene Wenger.

his Arsenal never field under-strength teams, of course.