mos dan

fact music
meh.
Alty's last Saturday home game was the 14th of November.

that's amazing that you haven't played for a month! we've had a fair few cancellations. anyway, the big question scott: are you coming to afc vs alty on saturday?? (weather permitting)

crackerjack

Essential reading

Obviously Liverpool are in much the same state, albeit with lower numbers all round. But the big guns keep spluttering along, haemorrhaging money like it ain't no thing.

Will there be a football Lehmans?

hucks

Your Message Here
Those figures are staggering. Fuck me.

The logic of the Glazer takeover was that they would increase turnover to cover the interest payments and Man Yoo would always be such a saleable asset that they'd make their money back and the club would never seriously be threatened. My reading of that article is that the maths might not stack up anymore. Shit.

crackerjack

Those figures are staggering. Fuck me.

The logic of the Glazer takeover was that they would increase turnover to cover the interest payments and Man Yoo would always be such a saleable asset that they'd make their money back and the club would never seriously be threatened. My reading of that article is that the maths might not stack up anymore. Shit.

Aye, it's hard to see how the last 3 years could've been better for Utd on the pitch. Yet still the debt goes up and up...

scottdisco

rip this joint please
that's amazing that you haven't played for a month! we've had a fair few cancellations. anyway, the big question scott: are you coming to afc vs alty on saturday?? (weather permitting)

alas no, stuck up here :(

i know of a fair few of our London branch who have already shit out too, so i don't expect there'll be much of an away turn-out.. ...weather permitting naturally, i know sub-zero temps are expected everywhere in the next few and the snow is sweeping south.

which gets to the heart of Alty's recent bad luck re cancellations.

this coming Tuesday is a Conference game at home to Kettering. (it has already been rescheduled when it was got frozen off earlier this season.) now, if AFC-Alty is cancelled on Saturday, its replay - as a cup game - takes automatic precedence over any pending league games, and the replays for Saturday FATs take place the Tuesday afterward, further punking our attempts to play Kettering. (mind you, we've still not played bloody York yet.)

:mad:

they're all semi-pro lads, the Alty set-up, day jobs and that, so they must be getting a bit rusty by now. also we could do w the gates..

crackerjack

so refreshing to see a football show staffed by proper journalists rather than ex-players. that's why this has the most insightful comment on tv

this week....interesting stuff about city-real pact not to go for each other's transfer targets

and also, first sniff of potential summer deal....rooney---->real

scottdisco

rip this joint please
and also, first sniff of potential summer deal....rooney---->real

about three weeks ago i started hearing this, mostly off middle-aged rags round my way. one reckons (this sounds exactly like a conspiracy theory, but the way he told it was so earnest i thought i'd take him at face value!) that how Rooney had been carrying himself in recent games (bear in mind Rooney had been having a spell of giving the ball away quite a bit a couple of weeks back but then was back on rare form when United hammered Wigan, tbf) mirrored that of Hughes shortly before it came out he was off to Barcelona. (told you it sounded daft but hey.)

80 or 88 million or something is one figure, isn't it?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

why don't you tell us what you really think Eamon?

crackerjack

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

why don't you tell us what you really think Eamon?

I've always been predisposed to dislike Dunphy, but slagging Ronaldo and Liddle Rod....might have to reconsider

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i know it might sound parochial and a little weak to reference on-field events following today's attack but i do just want to say congrats to D_Q as Forest go second in the Championship - that's what i call a six pointer! nice to see my man Dexter B open the scoring, presumably 'Cloughy walks on water' was booming around Sandwell this evening.

as for the tragedy in Cabinda, those factions of the Flec that had not laid down their arms had been vowing to step up their activities pre-tourney; always a good idea to take men w guns and a political agenda at their word certainly if that word involves promises of escalating violence.. :(

don_quixote

Trent End
bloody hell we tore them a new one

we look unstoppable at the moment. reading at home next, then harty back at the city ground for the first time since coventry 04... then derby away. we're unbeaten for 15 away games now

scottdisco

rip this joint please
bloody hell we tore them a new one

we look unstoppable at the moment. reading at home next, then harty back at the city ground for the first time since coventry 04... then derby away. we're unbeaten for 15 away games now

got a txt off an Albionite mate, who said you were magnificent, and he thought if you carry on like this there's no reason to think you can't take the title. (he also added Albion are playing shit at the mo - not to take anything away from Forest - and that their home form is a worry; they're at Newcastle next, which you will no doubt watch w interest!)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
No! saw the 4-0 score and was looking for coverage, but BBC not doing it this time?

Yes, apparently the Mali fans were singing "Are you Cardiff in disguise?" at the end.

Hmm, apparently Eurosport have got it this time - but dunno if BBC will have the quarters onwards?