hucks

Your Message Here
oh my god angola 4-0 mali in the 79th minute

angola 4-4 mali at full time.

sweet jesus

I've got a tenner on Mali at 20-1 to win the tournament. I was thinking - look at that midfield! Keita, Diarra, Sissoko, Traore (not Djimi, sadly, Abdou Traore at Bordeaux). And Kanoute up front...

Didn't bother thinking about the defence, which now looks a little short sighted

crackerjack

I've got a tenner on Mali at 20-1 to win the tournament. I was thinking - look at that midfield! Keita, Diarra, Sissoko, Traore (not Djimi, sadly, Abdou Traore at Bordeaux). And Kanoute up front...

Didn't bother thinking about the defence, which now looks a little short sighted

tell em you actually wrote Malawi on the slip

scottdisco

rip this joint please
commentator Jon Champion, you just amused me

As ever round these parts the chant 'Fergie, Fergie sign him up' reverberates around for yet another Carlos Tevez goal - however, perhaps they haven't seen United's latest set of financial results

crackerjack

I syympathise. When does anyone come back from 4 down, let alone with 15 mins left?

Reminds me of when a mate came this close to putting a grand apiece on Argntina, France & Italy for WC 2002 on the grounds one of them just had to win it and none was less than 3/1. Struck me as fair logic at the time, but luckily I didn't have £3k to spare.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
When does anyone put £4400 on to win £44, when they need the former money for university? It's like reaching for an orange placed on top of a grenade. Or something.

Anyway, Malawi - big upset there. In football terms, shaping up to be a big tournament.

Oh, Ian Wright says holding the CAN in Angola is like holding the World Cup in Afghanistan. Thanks, Ian.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Reminds me of when a mate came this close to putting a grand apiece on Argntina, France & Italy for WC 2002 on the grounds one of them just had to win it and none was less than 3/1. Struck me as fair logic at the time, but luckily I didn't have £3k to spare.

I've probably thought that kinda thing at times, but stop short of putting £5 on it, let alone 3 grand. If he'd put Brazil in there as a fourth, I could sympathise more.

crackerjack

If he'd put Brazil in there as a fourth, I could sympathise more.

But everyone thought Brazil were shit that year - they were that cup's Argentina, just scraping thru qualification, unimpressive friendlies etc. No one gave em a prayer and it all made sense til they won it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
But everyone thought Brazil were shit that year - they were that cup's Argentina, just scraping thru qualification, unimpressive friendlies etc. No one gave em a prayer and it all made sense til they won it.

Never underestimate the Brazilians or the Germans in world cup year. Or the Italians. Underestimate the rest most of the time.

crackerjack

Never underestimate the Brazilians or the Germans in world cup year. Or the Italians. Underestimate the rest most of the time.

Argentina are this year's Brazilians. Shit qualification? Check. Best player in the world? Check. Incompetent overweight drug-addled neophyte manager? Er.

crackerjack

football finance made easy

BORROWING FROM MANCHESTER UNITED TO PAY MALCOLM

There are two ways of analysing Manchester United's current financial situation. You can go down the arduous route favoured by masochists like proper journalism's David Conn [http://guardian.chtah.com/a/tBLTKw7AY30QpAe9jDFAoq7X0uY/fvr21: walking into old buildings and asking the nice old lady behind the counter to climb a very tall ladder, run her finger along the spine of several nondescript ledgers and bring you the particularly thick one full of very large numbers printed in red ink. Then studying it so hard you need to wear goggles and a crash helmet.

Or you can go down the less arduous route favoured by many Manchester United fans: walking to the nearest beach, finding a place where the ground underneath seems particularly soft, then bending over and submerging your head in the sand to the point where you can no longer see or hear anything that might disabuse you of the foolhardy notion that everything at your club is great.

That way you'll never find out that, despite winning Big Cup and Premier League x 3, selling Him to Them for £££££s and generating more than ££££££££s per annum in match-day revenue, one of the best-known football teams in the world only managed to turn a pre-tax profit of just £££££s last year and is saddled with more than £££££££££££££££££££s worth of debt, compared to the £ debt it had four years ago, shortly before a fat man from Florida decided that it might be a swell wheeze to buy a big English soccerball franchise with a big pile of £££££££££££££££s he didn't have.

Since then, the fat man from Florida and assorted members of his fat family have added insult to injury by helping themselves to ££££s in personal loans from the big pile of £££££££££££££££s they don't have; a pile of £££££££££££££££s that has grown considerably due to the prohibitive £££££££££s of vig that must be paid to the Shylock that loaned it. This is not to mention another £££££s in "management and administration fees", which optimists will argue would have been a lot higher if any of the management and administration it went towards paying for was in any way competent.

But all is not doom and gloom at Old Trafford. The fat man from Florida has announced his intention to help pay back ££££££££££££ of the £££££££££££££££s they don't have but owe to a Shylock, by borrowing another ££££££££££££ they don't have and will then owe to some other Shylock. If you're still a bit confused about how it works, here's renowned financial expert Dale Winton [http://guardian.chtah.com/a/tBLTKw7AY30QpAe9jDFAoq7X0uY/fvr22] to explain all.