mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
Seriously, the defending for that fabregas goal is shocking. Worst goal conceded despite collective endeavour (if you can be as generous as that)... ever?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
cardiff - forest was a cracker. i love you forest.

yeah i enjoyed that! cheers BBC2 :D

QPR pissed it against Leicester on Friday whilst Wall had a grand-stand finish against Colchester yday. City today did not impress, Santa Cruz, no, never do that. and that Malaga-Valencia match was scrappy. more neo-catenaccio dourness for Internazionale at Livorno (the Livorno gaffer is that seedy guy who tried to sign the Sweden women's captain when he was in charge at Perugia; his goatee and shades and Tony Pulis-style cap were a bit of a special ensemble) today. Maicon is class mind you.

excellent point in the Said and Done column in today's Observer

£400k: Amount the FA will make from playing England's winter friendly in Qatar: a greed-motivated fixture-disrupting junket to "some unknown country" looking for a PR boost, says Fergie. "It's a nice day for them, a nice trip, with good revenue. For club coaches it's a nightmare."
£1m: Amount Man United made from their winter friendly trip to Saudi Arabia last year, including a visit to a royal palace to pose for PR shots with knives and swords (127 beheadings by sword in Saudi in 2007), plus a match played two days after a Premier League game and five days before the FA Cup fourth round. "It's not about money," said United. Fergie: "It's a chance to escape the harsh realities of winter!"

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
say what you want, but for me, didier drogba is the best player in the world right now.

Didier Drogba? Didier Drogba???!?

Yeah, you're probably right.

Chelsea really should have been champions of Europe by now. Their team is pretty awesome.

Last edited:

hucks

Your Message Here
Cracking goal from Babel, and Tyldsely starts going on about how inconsistent he is and why can't he do that more often? Because he isn't very good. Inconsistent is another word for not very good. Goals like that get scored all the time, but the scorer never ever does it again. Babel might do it once a season. Torres/ Van Persie/ Drogba whatever are better than Babel because they do it more often.

Ooh, last minute equaliser. Scouse sickener

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Oh, rafa. Oh, rafa. The Europa League is crap.

Sounds like they were unlucky, but that's life in the tough Champions' League group stages.

Pity that Inter beat Kiev...only just tho. Rubin Kazan look tidy, from the very little of the game I saw.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Rubin are actually above Barca in that group, they're level on points but Rubin have a better head to head record. Barca have only scored three times in four games

tom lea

Cracking goal from Babel, and Tyldsely starts going on about how inconsistent he is and why can't he do that more often? Because he isn't very good. Inconsistent is another word for not very good. Goals like that get scored all the time, but the scorer never ever does it again. Babel might do it once a season. Torres/ Van Persie/ Drogba whatever are better than Babel because they do it more often.

Ooh, last minute equaliser. Scouse sickener
babel scares fuck out of me every time he comes on against us - he should start more often for them i reckon. over voronin anyway.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Rubin are actually above Barca in that group, they're level on points but Rubin have a better head to head record. Barca have only scored three times in four games

Yeah, someone has to subvert the tedium of seeing the same teams in the 2nd round draw year after year. It'll only get more depressingly predictable as time goes on.

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
Babel's main problem is his decision making, I think. He's obviously got ability, but so often this is undermined because he opts for the wrong thing eg. trying to take on defenders when a pass would have been a better option or vice versa.

hucks

Your Message Here
Yeah,that sounds right, tho I can't say I'm a keen observer. I see how you might be scared of him (@ tom lea) but, surely, you're more scared of Torres? Cos he does it all the time. I tend to think that the "moment of genius" potential gets overestimated

Also, the free kick Babel took minutes after the goal. Ohmygod...

blackpixie

Babel is inconsistent because he is treated inconsistently by benitez. His status at the club has constantly been under threat even though he should be allowed to stretch his legs for the full 90 minutes alongside torres.

Voronin was a shit move... what a joke by benitez.

And no sub for lucas? even though he has surely improved he was not exactly lighting it up, completely mucking every chance he had at impacting the game or even just testing the keeper. Aquilani would have been the perfect sub in that situation.

i do not understand rafa... but idk maybe he is some football genius and will lead the greatest come from behind premier league triumph ever... i doubt it though.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Speaking as a Chelsea fan I have to say that Man U were hard done by yesterday, and it's not often I say that. Rooney shouldn't have been given offside, Valencia should have had a penalty and Chelsea's goal shouldn't have been given. Evans should have been sent off for booting Drogba in the tits though, so it's not all one-way injustice

crackerjack

Speaking as a Chelsea fan I have to say that Man U were hard done by yesterday, and it's not often I say that. Rooney shouldn't have been given offside, Valencia should have had a penalty and Chelsea's goal shouldn't have been given. Evans should have been sent off for booting Drogba in the tits though, so it's not all one-way injustice

Chelsea 1 Man Utd 0 - putting the ha into harsh