favorite musical moments in film.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"(2) In that he'd want to shut Audrey Tatou/Amelie in a room for 20 years and not let her out? If so, I support this."
I think it was more to do with the way one character sets a number of clues for another to follow. Admittedly in Amelie it's a load of cutesie clues leading him to a perfect romance whereas in Oldboy the clues lead him to the eventual realisation that...

SPOILER

....he's been fucking his daughter (among other things).

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Ah, I see. Tbh, Oldboy lingered in my mind for about 15 minutes after I'd left the cinema. Have forgotten most of what happened, so that was actually a kind of spoiler for me too ;)

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
That's very true. I always wonder if this is more a lucky accident or if whoever was in charge of the sound (can't remember who that was) is just very good.

Are you jealous folks? ARE YOU JEALOUS FOLKS!

;)

I think it was actually Tobe Hooper, it's always been one of those 'what ifs' in that I think - certainly for that - that the sound is waaay better than anything he produced celluloid-wise.

Lol. I love Liquid Sky, and I'm not scared to say it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Lol. I love Liquid Sky, and I'm not scared to say it."
Never seen it (although for some reason I have the soundtrack on vinyl) but I believe it features the line "I kill with my cunt" so how can it not be good?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Never seen it (although for some reason I have the soundtrack on vinyl) but I believe it features the line "I kill with my cunt" so how can it not be good?

Yup, and that line is prefaced with '...and I am no less androgynous than David Bowie himself'...I think the film is an aquired taste though, I first saw it on acid and it kinda stayed with me...

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Yup, and that line is prefaced with '...and I am no less androgynous than David Bowie himself'...I think the film is an aquired taste though, I first saw it on acid and it kinda stayed with me..."
A lot of people say it's the worst film of all time but I definitely want to see it. Don't think it's out on dvd in this country but now you've reminded me I think I may have to go on ebay and see what I can see.

zhao

there are no accidents
A lot of people say it's the worst film of all time

what liquid sky? rubbish. it's a very cool and i dare say important, experimental work of meandering, self indulgent, hallucinatory nonsensical genius that cuts aliens, drugs, music and style into one big fat rail which manages to become more than a period piece about the early 80s, but a view of a much larger historical period through narcotic lenses... yes you can quote me on that. :cool:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
what liquid sky? rubbish. it's a very cool and i dare say important, experimental work of meandering, self indulgent, hallucinatory nonsensical genius that cuts aliens, drugs, music and style into one big fat rail which manages to become more than a period piece about the early 80s, but a view of a much larger historical period through narcotic lenses... yes you can quote me on that. :cool:

Sounds great. Talking of totally mental movies, there was a Portuguese film from a couple of years ago that I can't recall the name of, but had one of the most appetising/mental reviews this side of Jodorowsky. All I remember is that it took in zombies, death, paedophilia etc etc..... I'm thinking that Portugal doesn't produce that many movies each year, so does anyone have any idea of any film that might fit this description? :slanted: