Burial "Untrue"

mms

sometimes
he no longer does his stuff in soundforge only, and i don't care who he is.
don't want to know you know.
i don't know who tons of producers are, never seen a picture of them, can't tell who they are wouldn't spot them i a lineup.
i like that really, it's not important, it's like that thing about the hundreds of people you see daily here, and you might really admire something they do but never know it.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
he no longer does his stuff in soundforge only

yes he does, can't remember which interview he said it in but he used logic for Unite and didn't like it. went back to the old ways immediately after it was done.

mms said:
don't want to know, don't want to know that you know

innit though, quite funny seeing people who know, and know they can't give it away, but desperately needing everyone else to know that they know somehow

Last edited:

dHarry

yes he does, can't remember which interview he said it in but he used logic for Unite and didn't like it. went back to the old ways immediately after it was done.
yeah, and I can see how you could copy/paste together tracks with SoundForge, but surely he's also playing keyboards now - all those strings, pianos, marimbas on this lp must have been played - maybe recorded directly to hard disk, then fx-ed, edited etc. in SF and pasted in?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
yeah, and I can see how you could copy/paste together tracks with SoundForge, but surely he's also playing keyboards now - all those strings, pianos, marimbas on this lp must have been played - maybe recorded directly to hard disk, then fx-ed, edited etc. in SF and pasted in?
Apparently he got his cat to play the marimba solo. That's what I've heard anyway.

UFO over easy

online mahjong

or sampled or whatever, sure :)

The zingers are flying here, but I don't think people are so much interested in Burial's individual identity as the veracity of the story as told. Given the emotional content of the music the (anti) context provided has undoubtedly come to inform it in the ears of most listeners. Jandek pre 2004 would be another example of this...

innit though, quite funny seeing people who know, and know they can't give it away, but desperately needing everyone else to know that they know somehow

Of course those who are supposedly on the inside of the joke will advertise the fact, as most contemporary cultural discourse is based on envy :slanted:

UFO over easy

online mahjong
actually, fuck a hyperdub t-shirt, I'm going to make a homemade one that says "I know who Burial is and you don't so there"

or maybe "2+2 = Burial"

I'll send a copy to Martin Dust.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I really hope that mala tune with the spartacus vocal sample comes out. Think it's called Maintain Through Madness, it's amazing

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
actually, fuck a hyperdub t-shirt, I'm going to make a homemade one that says "I know who Burial is and you don't so there"

or maybe "2+2 = Burial"

I'll send a copy to Martin Dust.

It's no big deal :) Still think the album is one idea for 45 minutes and it just sounds old and dull to my ears.

i used to make tracks overdubbing on a twin cassette hi fi when i was a kid and that was fucking difficult and prone to ever decreasing sound quality.

yeah that's how i started out too, Marc. of course it had a traumatic effect on the sound quality, but actually my earliest tapes sound really fucking haunting to me now...all that murky shit lost in the tape-hiss fog...

haven't actually heard the album yet (struck off the hyperdub mailing list I guess :-( but that's okay cos now i can buy a nice vinyl edition instead of a poxy cd-r!). deliberately avoiding listening to sound clips...i want to hear this baby fresh. interesting to read the varying reactions from the dissensians. now i'm all hyped up...i just clicked 'buy now' at boomkat...grabbed those latest echospace rekkids too., even though i already done my monthly budget...and i got xmas and two kids birthdays comin up...ah fuck 'em...

Last edited:

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Ah, now I know why I thought Ginuwine... the warped male vox remind me of some screwed&chopped R&B tracks I have. There is a mixtape series called Fuck Action specializing in this stuff (mostly digital s&c I think), but DJ Screw originals are always preferred...

gek-opel

entered apprentice
So what do people make of the Bloc Party Burial remix then?

I love the fact that asides from the falsetto hook he totally chipmunks the vocal...