s e x

gek-opel

entered apprentice
I definitely get tastes stuck in my head. The taste of paprika and crayfish sandwich was stuck in my head for a month recently.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
I'm talking about the above mentioned superhero moves. I have no doubt they were written by 14 year olds or people with 14 year old mentalities. And now you have (sorry Gavin I have no idea how old your students are) other kids reading that who think it's for real.

I know it's sort of funny but for fucks sake!

I teach college so they are mostly 18-22, but yeah.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Yeah I can remember tastes and sensations pretty well.

Food poisoning is a good way to get stuck on a taste. Good as in it will make you remember what it was that you associate with being ill.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
God, the fucking I-heart-Fox-News douchebag army takes over every decent thread.

opposing political views are mostly tolerable (know I'll regret saying that), but it's the yahoo-chat maturity level and rudeness that ruin the vibe.

and there is a big difference between hardly pubescent doucheggery and sensible people being willfully imature. as these two have demonstrated:

donkey-punching/Bismark
the Dirty Sanchez

add to that the jelly-donut, the dirty pirate, and... the cleveland steamer!!!

is donkey punch where as you are about to cum during doggy style anal intercourse you punch your partner in the back of the neck and he/she tightens their anus? and what is "Bismark"?

The terrorist army bit was my acid-fried mind's dream aged 19...

my acid-fried mind's dream aged 17-pretty much now is dumping large amounts of acid in the water supply of major metropolitan areas around the world simultaneously...

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
my acid-fried mind's dream aged 17-pretty much now is dumping large amounts of acid in the water supply of major metropolitan areas around the world simultaneously...

Chicago first plz thx bye

noel emits

It wouldn't work zhao. Everyone would just go on a massive bummer and no one would notice anything different.

Or maybe I'm not picturing enough acid.

Last edited:

turtles

in the sea
I definitely get tastes stuck in my head. The taste of paprika and crayfish sandwich was stuck in my head for a month recently.
Hmmm but I guess I'm getting at, was it that you just remember how awful it tasted when you ate it, or we're you actually sort of "re-tasting" it, in the imaginary mouth in your brain? OK so psychology via introspection is a pretty unrelaiable technique (especially perceptual psychology), but I still kinda think its a fairly distinctly different remembering process than the more dominant sense of sight and sound. Maybe it makes more sense with touch. I really have a problem trying to recall the texture of something apart from more-or-less saying to myself "it felt smooth/soft/prickly/whatever"

zhao

there are no accidents
try to remember the sensation of a scalp massage on E for instance... pretty difficult! (other than "totally trippy" or "really really good")

zhao

there are no accidents
i can remember the taste and texture of food very well though. like hand made dumplings my family makes which i haven't had in years... with extremely detailed clarity. i can almost taste them right now... damn i just got really hungry

noel emits

try to remember the sensation of a scalp massage on E for instance... pretty difficult! (other than "totally trippy" or "really really good")
Drug states are different though. If you could really remember them there'd be less point in taking the drugs. I mean that's a big part of the fun isn't it - it's out of the ordinary, unexpected.

bassnation

the abyss

utter and complete tangent, but i was thinking the other day how difficult it is to remember the sensation of physical pain. when you are going through it (after an operation or the dentist say) your mind picks up on its every throbbing nuance, but once its over, thats it - impossible to imagine. of course emotional pain is different, that does stay with you.

this has even less to do with sex than it does with crayfish but there you go.

bassnation

the abyss
It wouldn't work zhao. Everyone would just go on a massive bummer and no one would notice anything different.

Or maybe I'm not picturing enough acid.

i reckon it would be like a scene from 28 days later - i've seen people get spiked and generally it doesn't end well. its one thing to know what you've done and it goes wrong - but having no idea, you would think you were having a pyschotic break which in effect would be close the truth.

zhao

there are no accidents

the bummer will surely set in about 6 to 8 hours later, but in the first few hours i bet some pretty bizzaro events would take place :rolleyes: just imagine... i would give my left foot to see this happen.

noel emits

the bummer will surely set in about 6 to 8 hours later, but in the first few hours i bet some pretty bizzaro events would take place :rolleyes: just imagine... i would give my left foot to see this happen.
If you were spiked how long do think it would take to realise?

If everyone in your area was simultaneously dosed would it be more confusing?

Like a modern day outbreak of St. Anthony's Fire.

bassnation

the abyss

i think e would be a much more significant and less traumatising choice here. but even with that, people forget.

bassnation

the abyss
If you were spiked how long do think it would take to realise?

If everyone in your area was simultaneously dosed would it be more confusing?

Like a modern day outbreak of St. Anthony's Fire.

thats the corn fungus which they synthesised acid from right? i have to be honest, not a big fan of lsd, too unfocussed and unpredictable. you have to be either very balanced or not very bright not to fuck up on it which rules it out for a lot of people.

zhao

there are no accidents
i was thinking the other day how difficult it is to remember the sensation of physical pain. when you are going through it (after an operation or the dentist say) your mind picks up on its every throbbing nuance, but once its over, thats it - impossible to imagine. of course emotional pain is different, that does stay with you.

this has even less to do with sex than it does with crayfish but there you go.

so true about physical pain. i've thought about that before. and i think people forget what mental pain feels like too -- what causes people to make the same mistakes over and over (abusive relationships for instance... in addition to the addiction-to-abuse itself thing -- where you forget how the asshole or bitch gets and only see the good side when you get back together)

see it does have to do with sex :)