Classic Synth/Electronic Sounds

bruno

est malade
this weekend i found concerts in china, mike oldfield's incantations and vangelis' earth in a box at my gran's house, the only thing missing was tomita! the jean michel jarre is quite good, arpegiator especially, i say this as someone with a long aversion to him. but i appreciate how it must have affected the people it reached, the cultural shock of hearing and seeing this spectacle in 1981 china just as it was opening to the world, and how this may have played a silent part in ushering it to the blade runner vistas of shanghai and beijing. through soulseek in 2002-03 or so i chatted a with one of the 'sonic avant-garde' contingent, he was from guangzhou, a factory city in the south, i remember him telling me that things like jarre were as radical as one could hope to procure at one point, i didn't see the dimensions of this at the time. it may be that every bit that falls through the cracks is alien and wonderful, as good a starting point as any, and most of us start our journeys like this, with what is available. my first exposure to electronics was walter carlos and later the art of noise, i don't listen to the latter as much today but i appreciate it immensely for guiding me to other things.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I had the pleasure of doing some recording work this past fall in an electroacoustic studio that had a 4-channel copy of Gesang der Jünglinge which had been given to them by Stockhausen, and I listened to the piece at least once a week for a couple of months surrounded by the four studio monitors.
Sorry missed this post tate. You jammy sod! ;)

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
let me put in a word for the Bernard Szajner/Zed records "Visions of Dune" and "Some Deaths Take Forever". Both has been re-issued on CD and there's a couple of tracks on youtube (a real one and the track "Welcome (To Death Row)" ripped with some documentary footage on top).