mms

sometimes
Planet Mu stuff? Chevron, Mu-ziq's Gruesome Garage, Hawerchuck, also Werk Discs' Grim Dubs series, I think there is some there and I think it's some of the least enjoyable also I must say.

well most of those releases are obviously distancing themselves from dubstep whilst using some of the tropes, and they're so few and far between i hardly think they've colonised them in the slightest, probably the opposite infact to be fair to them. ' grim dubs' garys gruesome garage' not overly serious is it?

funnily enough i was thinking that some of the kind of super rhythmic workouts that marcus nasty drops sound really quite industrial and a tiny part of the absolute juggernaut rhythmic power reminded me of early aphex.

faustus

i'd quite like to stick up for werk here, it's a great label, put out a wicked mix of stuff.

grim fm is a bit mixed but got some big tunes, untitled track by uberdog is funky as fuck!

mms

sometimes
I was using the term loosely to describe a certain approach.It's Interesting that you listen to a Marcus Nasty set and think Aphex Twin.[/url]

yes it's certainly entertaining me to think like that esp if it winds up people who's arguements are as weak as the complete misrepresentation of what i said like your next statement

I could sworn there were some dolphin's lurking in the corner the last time I was down at Forward.[/url]

if you find any dolphins lurking in aphex's music ever, you've got better ears than i have esp as i was talking about the 'absolute juggernaut rhythmic power reminded me of early aphex.', the firesome ear smashing energy rather rather than the ambient side. I think where bassline house has got the absolute danger and fierce attack in their basslines, london and funky have got it in their drums, some of those sets are so heavy and relentless, you can't associate the drums in anyway with the kind of light flicky 4 4 of house.

''there's none so deaf as those who will not hear''[/url]

quite, you seem more interested in pointing out the idm or stopping it coming in (when it's not really there at all) like some kinda musical stasi, better watch out or they'll break into your house and swap your fruity loops for max msp :)

Last edited:

Shonx

Shallow House
Isn't Boxcutter sort of IDM'y dubstep (or was)?

I suppose Point B and Hawerchuk have the more glitchy 2 step angle down but I think they're too fun to technically be dubstep. ;)

SysEx

Don't really post on this forum but, have been looking at it for years. Here is a little Funky UK House mix from me. I'll get the track list up as soon as I can. enjoy!

DivShare File - ZeroT-Nevermind the Bollocks this is Funky.mp3

ROSKA - Over The Horizons
DJ-MA1(TT Sky mix) - Im Right Here
ROSKA - Tack Tiles
Dub Boy - Funky Underground
X5 Dubs Ft Teresa - I Wish
Roska - Do You Believe
DJ Tremendous - Log 19
Roska - Pyramids
EDDY meets YANNAH(feat Capitol A Koolade mix) - Losing Wings

Last edited:

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
why the rush for funky to go up to 138? Seems like a different speed to grime will only encourage programming that seperates it from that.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Presenting a list of highlights/IDs-required from Maximum b2b Spyro on Rinse

badness tune at 10 mins
terror danjah(?) thing at 17 mins
22mins in (mega?)
34 mins:30 secs in
53 mins
68 mins in
72 mins - is this bulla cake? I can't remember
74 mins - stone cold!
81 mins - the 8 bar tune after the rubbish dubstep tune
107 mins - garage

most of these aren't funky actually... spyro/maximum are shit-hot in the mix tho

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Is there anywhere I can hear online Kode9's newer funky house mixes, that are being eulogised upthread? Used to love the garage/dubstep stuff I heard from him...

viktorvaughn

Just as an aside...I thought with vip dubs (in Jungle, Dubstep etc) where the DJs name gets mentioned in the tune the point was producers only give them to one DJ or else did different VIP mixes for different DJs? Both Maximum and Marcus Nasty have Lil Silva's Pulse X Remix and Mak10 and Footloose both have G Fam & Princess's Frontline. Both wicked tunes but the only difference between the versions is when the DJs names get mentioned? I could be talking bollocks though...

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
i reckon the VIP term has probably always been loosely applied, and even more so now. either way the central point for me is how jokes all Marcus Nasty's VIP vocals are, i love them