alex

Do not read this.
did ask this a while back in the thread, thought I would post it here again. Quite a while back while listening to Live Fm in a friend’s car, this sick female DJ was playing this Bucketheads remix, it was sort of Grime, but had those funky drums, definitely a bootleg thing though, had that Grime bootleg sound to it. It wasn’t the actual drop of that tune just the intro with the horns (?) sample, for anyone needing to know the original it’s below, so you have a better idea what I am on about, thanks in advance if anyone can name this obscure banger!

Sleepy lizard

Hello. Been lurking about hear for a bit listening to other peoples music and thought it would be right to post some of my own. If you like tribal type tracks take a look at my first one on souncloud. The names are all temporary i just needed something quick. Enjoy (or take the piss) http://soundcloud.com/don-spaghetti

Benny Bunter

Murdz 86 is gonna be on Live FM tonight 8-10. Not sure if I'm gonna be able to catch it or not, so if anyone can record you would be doing me a big favour.

Related news: Devine Collective (Mad one, Murdz 86, Jewelsy, G Smallz, Smoke-off-ski) are no longer working together, but Murdz 86 is preparing to release several EPs on itunes shortly and him and G Smallz are doing an EP together too.

rrrivero

Listening to that Mad Fingers show right now, sounds almost exactly the same as Tuesday's at the moment, waiting for it to get rough

edit: just played that Steve Gurley remix of Basement Jaxx, which I love though!

editedit: very garagey but also very very nice

on a slighlty different note, Weeksey gonna be on Deja with the Razzlerman tonight from 10, sounds like something I'd be interested in

Last edited:

rrrivero

so that Mad Fingers set (with DJ Funky Smith) is about finished, and based on that show, I'm not sure it belongs in this thread. I missed the first 30, but the last hour and a half featured house (selection was similar to Tuesday's show), a bit of garage and an absolutely stellar jungle set at the end (bout 20 minutes), but very little if any uk funky. That's not to say the show itself wasn't funky though, just not in the way I expected it to be

Gonna catch him [Ossie] djing in Amsterdam next month, should I expect any funky at all?
If his Sonic Router mix is anything to go by, you should expect a ton of house, and maybe a bit of funky. He played DJ Cndo's Terminator in that mix, which was nice.

Last edited:

rrrivero

I like this Swedish funky track posted on ukfunky.net

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
was skeptical at first, but the track grew on me as it progressed. It's simple but also quite a bit of fun in my opinion

Benny Bunter

Here she is anyway. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DJFU0LD3

Halfish hour of funky in the middle and 20 minutes of dancehall at the end.

edit: Just realised thats only 64kbps. First time recording with VLC

aw, thanks fella but that's not Murdz 86, I don't think he showed up. Thats Richie Spice I think with Preshus, which is why theres not much funky. Murdz said he would be on though!

Ill Blu were wicked last night btw

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Marcus Nasty April 20th set is great, first Marcus set I've listened to in a long time

LINK

thanks to r/t/c for the t/list

''MARCUS NAST-EH, SHANTIE & RANKING 20/04/11

Pioneer & Supa D - Congo Natty
Sunday Roast - Choices
Babyface Jay - Jungle Drums
?? [remix of smoove kriminal's 'under the influence'?]
DJ Eastwood ft Nesha - Dirty Cash
Fingaprint ft Tanesha – ER (2011 Mix)
Bassboy & Marcus Nasty - Drip
?? [sharp edged housey house]
?? [mellow whirring]
Mosca - Square One (VIP)
?? [greyman?]
Bassboy - Stamp

----- 30 mins
Rudimental ft Shantie - Deep In The Valley
?? [riddim]
Jae Elle - See You There
?? [menacing accordion]
Pirate Soundsystem ft Lady Chann - Run Run
Pioneer ft Egypt - Stronger
Flight Facilities - Crave You (DJ Trizzy's Bongo Groove Mix)
?? [dutty]
Fingaprint ft Tenneka - My Body
Carnao Beats - Dog Bark (Remix)
Fuzzy Logik ft Myshy - Playground
Screama ft Phe Phe - Never Say Bye
?? [huge gliding roller]
??

----- 60 mins
Emvee - Windrush
Andy Jay & S-Tee - Crunk VIP
Funkystepz - Warrior
T Williams - In The Deep (Xander Hardy Refix)
Jook 10 - MJ
Redlight - Progress
Funkystepz - Shocker
Naughty Raver - Slave Of The Bass
??
Mr Tickle - Citrus
T Williams ft Terri Walker - Heartbeat (Remix)
Sunday Roast - Echoes

----- 90 mins
Tyler, the Creator - Yonkers (Lil Silva Remix)
Sunday Roast -
Geeneus - Crackish
??
Scratcha DVA - Flute Tune
DJ Tonka - Freeze
Funkystepz - Caution
??
Mercurial Myrmidon - Hey Bongo (Deep Mix)
J Bevin - Zulu
?? [overloaded - scratcha?]''

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This set is like a good Petchy set, as Tim said on ilx. The MCing is great, adds so much personality and humour to the music. The music is consistently big and bashy.

see this has already been mentioned a few pages ago... oh well

Last edited: