continuum

smugpolice
Vinyl sounds better though.

They sound different rather than one better than the other.

Holding music back for financial reasons doesn't make any sense outside of a marketing one. I doubt many underground music producers have a big campaign planned that would benefit a tune being held back though. What makes a lot of underground music vital is its immediacy. Producers should be collecting those pounds.

doom

Public Housing
Vinyl can sound better, it doesn't always. With small run, underground dance music I don't think its allways about the sound, vinyl is an interface that alotta people know really well. I'm not saying don't release vinyl, for sure, release vinyl, its great. What I do think is that only putting out 12"s is not the way to "maximize your P" - limiting your revenue stream in a very niche market doesn't make sense to me.

Theres a whole 'nother thing going on here tho. I just find the phatbeats.net interview really odd. An all CDr DJ pushing vinyl as the way forward for music thats (for his part) a product of him calling up every producer he knew asking for beats they never would've released!

I think what Roska is doing is really a much better approach, but yh, I havn't seen the figures, maybe its not worth having tunes of junod/l, beatport, ukfunky.com... but I can't see people buyin tunes while yr asleep as a bad thing ;)

Edit;

The new Ma(c)k 10 all instrumental podcast is AMAZING! & that 'Coolie G' (I think it is) one that Marcus played on the Rinse show from the 5th>>> drops around 14mins 'this one is so tremendous' Broken 808 snares & seris of bassline/fx edits!!!

Last edited:

QueenofSheba

Keep It Funky!!
That bein said, I wouldn't get dubplate.net to sell a slighty used goat on my behalf & someone needs to tell Fuzzy Logik that not only are they sellin his tunes as downloads but they are also giving em away for free :slanted:

How is it possible to get tunes for free when they charge for them??

Theres a whole 'nother thing going on here tho. I just find the the phatbeats.net interview really odd. An all CDr DJ pushing vinyl as the way forward for music thats a product of him calling up every producer he knew asking for beats they never would've released!

I wonder about the philosophy of the Phatbeats interviews. There doesnt seem to be a structured purpose :slanted:

continuum

smugpolice
DJ Naughty

Ayia Napa 2007
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ayia Napa 2008
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Interview Part 1

Interview Part 2

www.myspace.com/djnaughtyuk

elgato

I just dont know
Ayia Napa 2007

that Takeover remix towards the end of this clip is so big. also on the Marcus Nasty 1xtra set

QueenofSheba

Keep It Funky!!
Ma-1

I like Naughty.... he's a safe guy. In the video giving a sneak preview to the In The Club DVD at 46-49 seconds while Quicktime is playing and it shows Naughty just humbly bopping his head along to his own productions. - I LOVE IT!! :D

I have just posted an MA-1 interview on my blog this morning that you guys may find of interest ;)

powerpill

I like Naughty.... he's a safe guy. In the video giving a sneak preview to the In The Club DVD at 46-49 seconds while Quicktime is playing and it shows Naughty just humbly bopping his head along to his own productions. - I LOVE IT!! :D

yes yes. looks like hes loving it! quality

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
Just listened to that Marcus Nasty show from the 5th. Its seriously next level. This scene seems to be striding forward so quickly its exhilirating.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
What other Rinse DJs are worth listening to aside from Marcus? Looking for more the type of stuff he plays (Lil Silva, Roska, HH Banton etc.)