crucial new riddims

zhao

there are no accidents
"... you got to live in love and peace and stop the murders, We can't have all this murders and crime and allow it to continue. Someone has to speak out," says Jamaican dancehall star Rodney "Bounty Killer" Price.

oh dear...

stelfox

Beast of Burden
because they're very accessible, nice dudes who like to talk, as opposed to most dancehall producers who are tough to get hold of and not very forthcoming. they've also, strangely enough, made the odd good tune (clappas, red alert, bionic ras are all great), as has dave kelly. the album is, however, not exactly fantastic.

anyway, my top riddims of 2007 have pretty much all been new roots/one-droppers

heres the top 3.

1) Blackboard (Maximim Sound)
2) Rewind (Kickin')
3) Guardian Angel (Fresh Ear)

petergunn

plywood violin
because they're very accessible, nice dudes who like to talk, as opposed to most dancehall producers who are tough to get hold of and not very forthcoming. they've also, strangely enough, made the odd good tune (clappas, red alert, bionic ras are all great), as has dave kelly. the album is, however, not exactly fantastic.

i am not dissing South Rakkas (or Dave Kelly), just asking WHY them as opposed to the many producers who working right now... is it that they are US based? then why not Black Chiney?

anyways, i love Clappas riddim, "war organizer" by Vybz Kartel is one of my fav tunes to drop ever...

hint

party record with a siren
i am not dissing South Rakkas (or Dave Kelly), just asking WHY them as opposed to the many producers who working right now... .

It's because they made Bionic Ras, basically, which crossed over and always goes down well... and they get out and about and DJ and play Basement Jaxx records etc.

zhao

there are no accidents
Dancer's Anthem by RDX is ruling my world lately.... too fucking much!

thanks for heads up i will check it.

i discovered one recently i have yet to get me paws on, think it's from a few years back: Big Band. so much fun! a bit housey, with a swinging big band sample... feeling reminds me of Shake a Leg With Me.

amazing how many overlooked gems are out there... seems all the ones i really love and get so much use out of are never the big big ones everyone goes gaga over. with exceptions - Diwali, Egyptian, Wanted, Coolie...

petergunn

plywood violin
as gabriel heatwave noted on his blog recently, there are a lot of cool fast riddims these days, like 150bpm...

Immryr

if anyone can point me in the direction of some kind of space age / intergalactic sounding riddims, especially quite up tempo ones, it would be fantastic!

zhao

there are no accidents
i'm sure they do but just not sure exactly what you mean? space-age like 50s sci-fi electronic noises? and i've no idea what intergalactic means.

zhao

there are no accidents
7.jpg
[/url]

was listening to this yesterday, second to last song i think:

"all of this fighting, for the oil thing, is a dangerous something, because the Arab man dem not joking." :)

Immryr

i mean in the same way that UFO by rude kid sounds space age, or stuff by der zyklus, for example :]