crucial new riddims

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

zhao

there are no accidents
secret weapon clocking in at a steady 120 bpm all ominous and full of sinister intentions... should go down well in dstep or funky sets...

Last edited:

faustus

good spot. its got a real 4/4 beat too for most of it

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

carmen

&#8195;
anaconda is no longer new, but obviosuly stil crucial.

really the first riddim since 2003 i'll remember 5 years from now

zhao

there are no accidents
my faith in new dancehall freshly reinvigorated.

seems like there is a slew of new riddims that are groove oriented, bouncy swinging 4 on the floor, and some even with afro-centric percussion.

also some that recall 90s roughneck minimalist ragga.

things are lookin up! :D

(i was gonna post a list but you know what think ima be a likkle more like the selectas of yore who scratch off the labels from now on. why should i share the fruits of my labor with a buncha random people on the internet i ask you why should i??)

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
meh, shame that this threat has gone silent... then again, there's not many I came across that got stuck... the ones that did are prettry much all thanks to Gabriel Heatwave throughout the last year... so in case anyone didn't listen to any of his shows/sets, here's me favorites.

BUSY SIGNAL - NAH GO DUNG DEH - riddim name doesn't want to be found from how it looks... jamrid/riddimbase et all are clueless.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jafrican Riddim
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cosa Nostra Riddim 2010

Wardance Riddim - Heatwave & Serocee

c.

zhao

there are no accidents
er, cos we do it with you you nutter! repeatedly!

well y'all better start carrying ya weight around here!!!! :mad: badman don't play! :D

Jafrica already mentioned, one of the afro-centric ones i was on about.

here are a few more 2010 riddims, strong groove, good songs, mash up the dance:

Air Waves
Baddaz
Best Trick
Bubbles
Kamera Trick
Knock Out
Mielihyva
Round of Applause
Street Vybz
The Beast

OK LETS HAVE YOUR LISTS!!!!

Last edited:

unknown soulja

Wild Horses
A few of those are pretty old Zhao unless theyve had more 2010 versions added (not that that doenst make them worth checking out obv).

Few recent(ish) bits im feeling:

Infantry
Sex Appeal
Orange Hill
Cosa Nostra
Gala
Temper (*edit - sorry the riddim is actually called Drive)

Last edited:

Ory

warp drive
damage control riddim

unknown soulja

Wild Horses
Pretty sure Baddaz, The Beast and Round of Applause are all 08 riddims.

@alec.tron YES war dance is sick, we've been battering that. nice to see gabriel coming out with some productions, hopefully lots more to come.

On another note as someone said on twitter yesterday (and i thought pretty succinctly): 110 FTW. So many good riddims coming at this tempo atm!

cushtilla

Young Lion dropped a onedrop mix tonight on his 1Xtra show, and gotta say Sizzla – Music In My Soul on the Zion Gate riddim is epic, on a roots tip.

Ory

warp drive
how yuh bad so