pimp c of ugk - RIP

gumdrops

theres an interview with bun n on the houstonsoreal blog but he doesnt say anything about how he thinks pimp might have died or what could have contributed to it, if anything, so maybe it was just totally out of the blue. also read his old school teachers piece on him from some houston paper - apparently he was a very well behaved kid!

Don't see why he should have to talk about his death. If my mate died I'd want to talk about him, not the events surrounding his demise.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Having many relapses into drug use perpetrates a stereotype of Drug use more than me making a reference about him purple dranking himself to death. If the toxicology report comes back and he didn't have anything in his system I'll be fucking shocked.

And seeing as I doubt any of Pimp C's immediate family or friends read Dissensus.com regularly, being insensitive isn't really an issue.

What a great guy.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Weirdly common death in young black men is sudden death syndrome

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/medical_notes/424813.stm

no-one really knows why, though PImp C was slightly out of the age range for that. I've had 4 friends go of anyeurysms - brain haemorrhages - under 40, but it's a dumb thing to speculate as to why someone dies, it's always the first thing people ask who haven't had alot of death around them, the 'why' factor or to ask how it happened, it's a way of dealing with something that they're not used to yet. Have enough death happen to yer and you stop asking why after a while, and just accept it with grace, sadness and a blessing.

dHarry

Influential Southern rapper Pimp C died of an accidental overdose of a combination of drugs he had named in his lyrics -- codeine and promethazine, the county coroner's office ruled Monday.

The drugs are key ingredients in "syrup," a narcotic of choice in Southern rap circles that was most famously celebrated by Three 6 Mafia and Pimp C's group Underground Kingz in the 2000 single "Sippin' on some Syrup."

The coroner's office said Pimp C had sleep apnea, which causes people to stop breathing for up to 30 seconds at a time while sleeping. That illness combined with large amounts of prescription-strength cough syrup is what killed the rapper, coroner's Capt. Ed Winter said.

- http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ...mpc.ap/index.html#cnnSTCText?iref=werecommend

:(

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
That's a damn shame.

It just goes to show you how some aspects of our culture are detrimental to our healths and well being yet and still we continue doing them. Sizzurp, Lean, Codeine, etc. has contributed to the early deaths of so many Houston and Memphis Hip Hop artists that it's time to really think about stopping doing it altogether.

Provided that the whole Chopped N' Screwed sound was mostly influenced by the simulated effects of a codeine high but isn't that what ultimately contributed to DJ Screw's early demise as well?

I completely understand where you're coming from dubble-u-c, but enough is e-fuckin' nough...Pimp C was one year older than me and he'd been making records since I was in high school. There is NO reason that man should be dead...he had another 10 good albums in him at least.

Rest In Eternal Peace, Pimp C

One.

Wow, it turns out he had sleep apnea. That just sucks.

One.