Overambitious Amazon chancers

martin

----
Here's a thread to celebrate the current trend among Amazon sellers - charging prices so fucking loopy that they surely can't expect anyone to pay them

I nominate this as the winner. I've actually got this and it's OK, if you like clanging Fall-type pop, but price-wise, check it out

An old favourite here as well -

STN

sou'wester
I've always liked this one, though it's gone down a bit lately, presumably as everyone's downloaded it off limewire and realised it's a load of old crap that Phil Jupitus probably likes:

swears

preppy-kei
When I was about 14 I had a girlfriend who's big sister was an indie kid who loved obscure acts. I distinctly recall us laughing at the name "Yummy Fur". Still never heard them, though.

STN

sou'wester
My big sister was kind of an indie kid, she used to like this group called Betty Seveert who were literally mind-bogglingly dreadful.

Edit: No, I wasn't swears's grilfriend when he was 14, thanks very much.

martin

----
When I was about 14 I had a girlfriend who's big sister was an indie kid who loved obscure acts. I distinctly recall us laughing at the name "Yummy Fur". Still never heard them, though.

They were good, sometimes a bit irritating in large doses, kind of like late Capt Beefheart / early Fall with sex-obsessed lyrics. Incredibly, they once featured two members of Franz Ferdinand (they sound nothing like FF).

I think they ripped the name off the acid freak-run barber shop in High St Kensington Market, I'm sure that was called Yummy Fur in the early 90s.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My big sister was kind of an indie kid, she used to like this group called Betty Seveert who were literally mind-bogglingly dreadful.

Speaking of mind-bogglingly awful indie bands, does anyone here remember Bis? Judging from what I saw of them from TotP, they're a good candidate for Worst Band Ever. They seemed like the musical incarnation of that irritating chubby girl you knew at high school, who had pink hair in bunches and a satchel covered in pin badges. :mad:

tom pr

I remember spotting a bloke flogging The Bug's Pressure LP and the Aktion Pak 12 inch for fifty quid each, that's as absurd as I've seen. Amazon sellers can be ace if you're prepared to wait three weeks to a month for stuff: I got Merzbow's Synth Destruction album new for about two quid, and some Bumblebee Unlimited stuff for about the same price.