Overambitious Amazon chancers

D

droid

I think they ripped the name off the acid freak-run barber shop in High St Kensington Market, I'm sure that was called Yummy Fur in the early 90s.

Yummy Fur was a band? Only ever knew the comic.

9-1.jpg

mixed_biscuits

Speaking of mind-bogglingly awful indie bands, does anyone here remember Bis? Judging from what I saw of them from TotP, they're a good candidate for Worst Band Ever. They seemed like the musical incarnation of that irritating chubby girl you knew at high school, who had pink hair in bunches and a satchel covered in pin badges. :mad:

FOOL. Bis were lovely - super tunes and the lead singer Manda Rin has a squeaky voice.

I think they reformed as 'data Panik' recently - a couple of demo tracks are hanging about somewhere free on the 'net.

mixed_biscuits

STN

sou'wester
It's possible. He keeps ringing me up and making jokes about my mum. It's kind of childish.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Of course. I once threw an aubergine at them.

This has been troubling me all day. Was it a premeditated aubergine? I walked past a greengrocer on the Edgware Road today and actually stopped and looked thinking 'what would I throw at Bis?'. How did it end up being that?

STN

sou'wester
No, it was at some festival and I think the aubergine was bestowed on us by some kind of 'get kids eating healthily' initiative.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
No, it was at some festival and I think the aubergine was bestowed on us by some kind of 'get kids eating healthily' initiative.

Hahaha, what the hell were you meant to *do* with it? I mean, it's not like you can just polish it on your trouser leg and simply tuck in, is it...are they expecting you to be carying olive oil, garlic, sea salt and a roasting dish with you at a festival? Plus, um, an oven? :)

STN

sou'wester
I don't know, I am from the home counties so I expect they thought I'd have an aga on me.