Deep reggae like 'Heart of the Congos'....

datura

white collar loafer
Just came across this on Youtube

Mundell and Pablo in the hills, the 2nd tune with Mundell singing to just Pablo accompanying him on the melodica is absolutely brilliant.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Oh my days...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

franz

onna wackies tip: Junior Delahaye's Travelling Man is definitely of Heart of the Congos ilk...

luka

dont know what the story is but about ten years ago me and a friend spent a whole night stoned and listening to yabby you and daddawahs versions back to back in a fruitless attempt to determined which was better....
a night well spent needless to say

zhao

there are no accidents
dont know what the story is but about ten years ago me and a friend spent a whole night stoned and listening to yabby you and daddawahs versions back to back in a fruitless attempt to determined which was better....
a night well spent needless to say

i miss my friends in LA with whom i would do stuff like this.

crofton

I think I would have to go with Yabby You, no question ... a totally unique sound and vibe within the ocean of ultra deep JA music, and one of the few producers whom even Scratch stated some admiration for. No disrespect to Dadawah but e.g. 72 nations is lightweight stuff by comparison.

crofton

It's a tune by Dadawah, uses bits from a Yabby You piece (can't remember precisely which one...Conquering Lion??).

crofton

Two other super heavy, previously quite obscure tunes which have been repressed in recent years (not mentioned so far I think?)

Ras Ifton and the Zionites - Look Over Yonder (Wisdom Rock)
Earl Flute - The Betrayer (Mafia)

crofton

Just saying that imo, on the Yabby You compared with Dadawah question, I don't feel Dadawah really has it. That's all ...

crofton

Nice!

It would be appropriate to mention "Natty Dread Christmas" but I don't have it and can't find a clip of it. Same riddim as Heptones "We Want It" ...

drilla

Jacob Miller - Ghetto On Fire

This was the first reggae thread I saw... so I'm posting this here. Enjoy: