Urban handshakes

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i've heard that

in africa, when a man had killed a lion

he would stare into it's eyes,

untill it was dead.

I bet sometimes the lion would be all like "oh noes, I'm all dying and that!" and the hunter would go "rofl, pwned" and then the lion would be like "lol, not really" and eat the man's face off. Probably.

Last edited:

Immryr

I think people who stare right at you the whole time are as annoying as people that don't at all.

There's a balance isn't there?

yeah of course there is. i used to be quite bad at eye contact too, when i realised this i started making much more of an effort to do it. now i some times do hold eye contact for maybe a little too long, on purpose. just cause it can be quite amusing.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Haha, internet nerds in not-cool scandal. :D

I feel yr collective pain.

Returning to New Zealand after 6 years away the complicated handshake thing is still in full effect here among any male vaguely involved with DJing or making music. Metal dudes, trance hippies, members of the burgeoning (*cough*) dubstep scene... whatever.

I'm always the awkward guy in these situations. I just don't know what I'm doing and don't want to learn, either.

Much mirth about the awkwardness of most straight guys going for a hug (at very special occasions, of course) and having to do the obligatory 3 back slaps. <slap> I'M. <slap> NOT. <slap> GAY.

And the ubiquitous, cross-gender "hey bro" with eyebrow raise. Curious.