The Wire is over - discussion, spoilers inside

scottdisco

rip this joint please
quality link ecohook!

for terrestrial British television viewers, tonight is the first episode of season two at 11:30 our time.

i am about as excited as if Parminder Nagra had agreed to go for coffee w' me.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
season 2 is kicking it and i fear Luka is chatting out of his backside when he dismisses it.

i know a metal worker union guy in Gary, IN, who is very similar to Nicky Sobotka in many respects.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
really Luke, tbf, what is epochal?

pesto.

scrambled eggs on wholewheat toast.

and Villon, i suppose.

nowt else really, is there.

'course no, not.

luka

i sort of resent the portion of my life i lost to the wire,and i blame it on dissensus.
pesto? not out a jar. its shit. all oily and nasty. maybe if you made your own fresh one i spose but whos got time for that.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
well season two of the above concluded last night on British telly and i have to say it was a deeply satisfying run, old-fashioned serial style.

quite an affecting closing montage too, it becomes ever more apparent that that Jeff Kinkle and Alberto Toscano piece that Infinite Thought put on her blog just becomes more apparent the more you watch (speaking as a relative novice following the shows in order on BBC2).

crackerjack

In aid of the Tom ap Rhys Pryce Memorial Trust...

Tackling the root causes of violent gang culture and violent street crime by helping less advantaged and 'at risk' young people lead rewarding lives through access to education, vocational training and other opportunities they wouldn't otherwise receive.
http://www.tomaprhyspryce.com/

June 30th at Shoreditch House from 7.30 to 11pm.

No need for membership

Great prizes, comedy quizmaster, very special guests including Dominic West asking questions and handing out prizes.

Full details attached.

Reserve a seat or a whole table...

http://www.justgiving.com/thewirequiz

hucks

Your Message Here
so has anyone seen stringer elba take over carell's role in the office? what's he like? funny good, funny bad?

It's not Carell's role he takes over - he's Carell's boss (he takes over from Ryan who took over from Jan if you are a fan of the series. Which I massively am).

He plays it very, very straight. It's easy to watch it thinking that it's Stringer in an alternate universe - gone straight, building on his photocopying business and going into the paper trade.

I've seen him in a handful of episodes and my understanding is he's not a permanent fixture. He's basically there for Michael to react to. Which he does quite comically at times. Though Season 5 is the weakest. Seasons 1 -3 were easy the best then it went downhill a little. Hang on a minute...

crackerjack

It's not Carell's role he takes over - he's Carell's boss (he takes over from Ryan who took over from Jan if you are a fan of the series. Which I massively am).

I've cottoned on late - caught the end of one series (where Jim gets transfer) and currently watching this one, by which I mean the one where the offices merge and Jim comes back to Scranton as Michael's No.2. Dunno what season that is, but the hype is well justified.

He plays it very, very straight. It's easy to watch it thinking that it's Stringer in an alternate universe - gone straight, building on his photocopying business and going into the paper trade.

Ha ha

scottdisco

rip this joint please
blow me.

Bunny Colvin: a good man in a poor, violent city.

Carver and Herc's comic relief continues to be pitched about right, imo.

Marlo seems a right little shit.