80's R'n'B/Electro-soul

drilla

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Some bubbly acidic 303 churning underneath in '83!

bonus acidisms:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

hint

party record with a siren
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

One of the greatest intros ever, I reckon.

drilla

craner

Beast of Burden
Greatest intro ever. Cathy who?

massrock

I bought this at the time, very happy to find it then. Not sure if it really qualifies as electro-soul as such but there's another Elite records bit just up the page there so here we go.

Oh yes!

lazybrowndog

this thread has made for some great reading!

got me off my arse and into the back bedroom to sort through a messy crate of pub juke box 7"s a mate dropped off for me to sort through ages ago - i was sure i'd spotted some half decent stuff that might be worth cleaning up to keep -

straight off the bat i found this jellybean number ... the dub of which sounds wicked even on a scratchy old 7"

and also this ...

Client Eastwood

I bought this at the time, very happy to find it then. Not sure if it really qualifies as electro-soul as such but there's another Elite records bit just up the page there so here we go.

Oh yes!

Whheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel !!!!!

Sweet memories . . .

craner

Beast of Burden
Unfashionable Marv.

Client Eastwood

Dont think we've had this yet. End of the night selection.

Client Eastwood

Never mind Baby D. Lets have it for Vicky D. Love the synths in this one.

Client Eastwood

Another friday, another post on this thread. Vocoder action . . .

One Way - Mr Groove

Client Eastwood

78 but im sure we can let it in, more vocoder action...

kinda melancholic vibe on this one. I <3 this.

andysays

not andy
kode9 just released a mix for Lucky Me which introduced me to this awesome track:

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
yeah love that tune! my friend put it in a mix a few years ago and we always laughed cos it sounds like he's singing 'internet connection baaaybeee'

CrowleyHead

Speaking of, even though it diverts from the thread slightly...

mms

sometimes
78 but im sure we can let it in, more vocoder action...

kinda melancholic vibe on this one. I <3 this.

thats a real beauty, that talkbox is well deep, wonder what he uses?

the other track 'bet cha love' is a goodie too, but this is lovelier ,i'm going to put it on now.
i'm thinking of doing a mix of old 80's stuff, specfically vocoder stuff, and latin freestyle dubs, got to work out how to do it and properly practice too.