what you currently enjoying ?

viktorvaughn

Even the very late 70's with the DJ orientated Rub-a-Dub sounds like Little John, Yellowman, Toyan, Michican & Smiley loads of Roots Raddics productions still sound heavy. Last time I looked Greensleeves were reissuing loads of this stuff.

Yeah it's all great! I read the Dancehall Beth Lesser book and am busy checking everything out. I downloaded some random vinyl rips of greensleeves, firehouse tracks and am loving them.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Leo

donovan's "greatest hits": so many of them (even though it doesn't include anything from the excellent "cosmic wheels"), such cool riffs (ever hear alice donut's raunchy cover of "sunshine superman"?), proto-zepplin sans plant on "hurdy gurdy man"...and has there ever been a cooler song than "atlantis"?

mms

sometimes
donovan's "greatest hits": so many of them (even though it doesn't include anything from the excellent "cosmic wheels"), such cool riffs (ever hear alice donut's raunchy cover of "sunshine superman"?), proto-zepplin sans plant on "hurdy gurdy man"...and has there ever been a cooler song than "atlantis"?

alice donut, now theres a long lost band.

im enjoying santana and sweaty latin rock.

mos dan

fact music
this is predictably brilliant

lol dun no - oneman is too much :)

(btw next night slugs is 30 jan, put that shiz in yr diaries.. line up imminent)

for me it's cannibal ox's 'the cold vein'.. AGAIN. six/nine months or so passes, and then without warning, i am suddenly compelled to completely rinse this album again.

vimothy

yurp
Mala Bo -- Homeboys feat. Max Normal
Lil Wayne remixes (especially Stuntin' Like My Daddy remix by Lazer Sword)
Gemmy -- Bk 2 the Future
Spliff Dub -- Sukh Knight remix
Zomby -- Strange Fruit
Altars -- Any
Cult Ritual -- All
The thought of going to see Wolves In The Throne Room at the end of the month :D

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
Re-listening to DAF, Wire, Magazine and A Certain Ratio as they are all coming to London over the next few months. I've given up on last year's effort to mostly go and see new stuff. It wasn't pointless - but there is no point in living here if I cannot go to see aging (art-)rockers.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Jefferson Airplane's Surrealistic Pillow and The Rolling Stone's Beggar's Banquet are the only pieces of music I've listened to in about a month.

Things I am enjoying:

- Asahi Super Dry
- Fallout 3 for Xbox 360
- Mexican Food
- NFL Playoffs
- Not going out to clubs
- The Economist

mixed_biscuits

The plaudits that this game has received confirms for me that computer games are still a long way away from meriting the snob value given to the more established art forms - it's very poor. (tho my version is for PS3, so who knows)

Leo

omar-s singles "psychotic photosynthesis" and "the further you look the less you will see"...and still trying to decide if they live up to the hype they've received in some quarters. smoother than his previous stuff, that's for sure.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
The plaudits that this game has received confirms for me that computer games are still a long way away from meriting the snob value given to the more established art forms - it's very poor. (tho my version is for PS3, so who knows)

been talking about this with a friend recently, and his take on it is that games like this, which traditionally belong on PCs, are being slowly watered down by the recent trend for games to be developed for multiple platforms...

i think you're wrong though, but it's mostly older games that make me feel that way

mixed_biscuits

been talking about this with a friend recently, and his take on it is that games like this, which traditionally belong on PCs, are being slowly watered down by the recent trend for games to be developed for multiple platforms...

i think you're wrong though, but it's mostly older games that make me feel that way

Hmm...thinking about what I didn't like about it: the feeble guns that go putt putt like spud guns; the unimaginative references (every room in the base at the start is 'room 101'); the massively limited 'conversations' you can have with the other characters; the shallowness of their characterisation; the weak strain of whatever comedy is attempted; the godawful graphics and the sad watercolour dourness of the palette; the lock-picking; the ridiculously over-sized inventories that you can cart about with you...I can't think of any redeeming features. I don't understand how it can have picked up rave reviews - unless, by referring only to previous video games and not to other media, reviewers have thereby had their expectations of entertainment and art drastically lowered.

Last edited: