what you currently enjoying ?

zhao

there are no accidents
yes i'm pretty much the most obsessive and voracious omnivore that i have ever encountered.

luka

pickled bamboo, thanks to zhao, in case he feels bad for having downloaded albums that don't exist.

john eden

male pale and stale
Top 5 Junjo productions (not Mundell) - pref non DJ/Toaster stuff.

http://www.roots-archives.com/artist/579

Jeez, that's a tall order.

I have and would broadly endorse:

Wailing Souls - Fire House Rock [1981]
Michael Prophet - Gunman + Righteous Are the Conqueror [1982-83]
John Holt - Police In Helicopter [1982]
Cultural Roots - Hell A Go Pop [1984]
and any Barrington Levy.

also woth checking judging by the tunes I have heard on them:
Frankie Paul - Pass The Tu Sheng Peng [1984]
Johnny Osbourne - Fally Lover

But but but, the usual disclaimers about albums apply. For example John Holt's album has the classic title track but also some rubbish about looking at girls wearing bikinis on the beach (which I could just about tolerate if the performance was any good, but it isn't)

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Yeah Mudell has a great voice. Apols should have been clearer I meant Lawes productions. There something unique production wise on the Mundell set. I cant hear the same thing on any of other productions Ive heard.

I love this tune on the lp:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

add to John's list:

Rod Taylor "Where is Your Love Mankind"

The best Mundell song is "One Jah, One Aim, One Destiny", which would be in my personal all time top 10.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Client Eastwood

Yes Matt. Going Places is heavy. Really striped back track.

From the same Mundell set. So sweet.

(cant work out how to embed Youtube links)

whatever

how to put a donk on it

I am currently enjoying this instructional video very, very much.

In honor of S.R. (funniest thing ever, allll theeee waaaay thru):

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
But but but, the usual disclaimers about albums apply. For example John Holt's album has the classic title track but also some rubbish about looking at girls wearing bikinis on the beach (which I could just about tolerate if the performance was any good, but it isn't)

"Private Doctor" kills it though. But seriously I've never understood how arguably the most militant roots track ever was made by John Holt of all people.

I've gone back to Dennis Brown's Visions. Again. That album, boy.

Co-sign. Also Wolves & Leopards. Is any of his 80s/90s material worth picking up? I suspect the answer is no but it never hurts to ask.