Lil Wayne - The Carter III

zhao

there are no accidents
ok embarrassingly dumb question time:

what does "the carter" mean in the context of these albums?

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. (born September 27, 1982[1]), better known for his stage name Lil Wayne, is an American rapper.

From wiki. ;)

EDIT: oh and apparently its do with his mansion too, which I hadn't realised before. I thought he was just playing on his name.

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
yeah, carter his surname. no relation to jay-z before you ask, zhao!

STN, I give you quite a lot of these to make your mind up from, if you want. can burn a couple of DVDRs full, but that's probably too much to digest in one go. better to get Dedication 2, Da Drought 3, Drought Is Over II. they're all absolutely essential.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
ah ok. y'all brits know more about crack factories and where rappers live than i do :)

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Actually...

I'd figure you know it already but 'The Carter''s also the name of the big crack factory in New Jack City.

The Carter refers to the expansive mythical Carter Homes project building that Nino Brown and the Cash Money Brothers took over and made their all purpose base of operations in the film "New Jack City". They completely locked it down and rappers always claim to have the Rap game locked down like Nino Brown had "The Carter".

One.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
anyone recommend me a mix of Southern rap? Some sort of retrospective/snapshot of an era thing would be ideal.

I've missed out on it all.

zhao

there are no accidents
anyone recommend me a mix of Southern rap? Some sort of retrospective/snapshot of an era thing would be ideal.

I've missed out on it all.

here's my 2006 guns and drugs mix, pretty aggressive all the way through. includes obvious bangers as well as lesser known shit.

01 Intro
02 Young Jeezy - Gangster Music
03 Bun-B - Dripped Up and Draped Out
04 Paul Wall with Rapid Ric - Tall Tee [from Whut it Dew mixtape series vol. 1]
05 Lil Wayne - How you Ride
06 Maceo - Nextel Chirp
07 Project Pat (i think?) with DJ Smallz [from Southern Smoke mixtape series]
08 Project Pat and Frasier Boy [from Ghetty Green album]
09 Swisha House f/ ??? Mystery MC
10 Three Six Mafia - Got It For Sale
11 Bun-B, ??? Mystery MC, and DJ Drama [from Gangsta Grillz mixtape series]
12 Swisha House f/Mike Jones and Mz. Trinity - Rulez
13 Disturbing Tha Peace f/ Shawnna - Posted
14 DJ Smallz - Dirty South Instrumentals
15 Lil Wayne
16 ??? Mystery Femcee [from Southern Smoke mixtape series]
17 Lil Jon [from Crunk Juice album]
18 Trillville - No Problem
19 DJ Drama with Killer Mike, Bubba Sparxxx, Three-6-Mafia - Get 'Em Shawty [from Got That Purp mixtape]
20 T.I. - You Don't Know Me
21 David Banner (I think)
22 Akon with Young Jeezy - Soul Survivor Alternate Version Remix
23 Lil' Wayne - Get Real Gangsta
24 Outro

http://differentwaters.blogspot.com/2007/10/down-south-bangin-murda-musick.html

mms

sometimes
fuck anyone know how that rapidshare cats thing actually works - i cannot work out what you have to do?

not heard this album yet but he's made an effort with the production - which has always let him down, production on his tracks is usually a bit pedestrian.

Last edited:
there are pictures of cats and pictures of dogs obscured by the numbers. the dogs have legs, cats don't. type the number/letter that has a cat by it.
Underground 1 coming as we speak.

works fine for me. if you're still having problems tomorrow let me know and i'll sendspace or some shit.

gumdrops

a milli is the rap song of the year.

the rest of the album i find quite dense - i need more listens but i wish the beats were more consistently interesting like a milli. the production lets him down i think.

the prob i have with most new hip hop though is that i can listen to it and appraise it, i just dont want to fucking listen to any of it.