Slothrop

Tight but Polite
It has to be an animal that looks like it was designed in the '80s, rather than something you would associate with the pop culture of the time. I can't believe I didn't think of lizards, that's such an obvious one.
Okapi looks fairly 80s - stark black and white bits fused with trendy ethno-minimal browns.

okapi.jpg

A lot of species of gazelle work along similar lines, but with antlers.

woops

is not like other people
I'd say the zebra is the 80s animal and the okapi is a stylish contemporary update, with a knowing hint of the original, topped off with a usable, unpretentious eco-brown.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
The hedgehog is pretty 70s, I'd say. Flamingoes are a bit 80s, aren't they?

i'd agree that the okapi is possibly the most contemporary animal out there.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Good call on the flamingos.

Where do geckos fit into this timeline? (I can't believe I'm engaging in this discussion while perfectly sober, Jesus...:eek:)

luka

flamingo is the definitive answer... i declare this matter closed... baboon is cleverer than he looks...not hard though if youre a baboon i spose....

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
flamingo is the definitive answer... i declare this matter closed... baboon is cleverer than he looks...not hard though if youre a baboon i spose....

Grr. i'll have you know that my avatar is the baboonal equivalent of this!:

050405_einstein_tongue.widec.jpg

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Elephant Man's astonishing campness:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

grizzleb

Yeah I'm liking that clip, he seems pretty sound I gots to say. His granny munching on some chicken! :D

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"controversial" Dr. Buttar

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
In my head I've condensed the hook of the Jazmine Sullivan song to:

"I'm not scared/Of lions and tigers and bears/Loving you".

That's a completely different song altogether now.

zhao

there are no accidents
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"controversial" Dr. Buttar

i wanna get destonia right now but i have more work to do.

Last edited: