Early digi reggae

john eden

male pale and stale
yeah all the digi fanbwoys have been going mad about that tune and paying top dollar on ebay.

But I don't think it's worth a tenner either!

matt b

Indexing all opinion
yeah all the digi fanbwoys have been going mad about that tune and paying top dollar on ebay.

But I don't think it's worth a tenner either!
rhythm's good, lyrics are meh.
Might have got it if it was a fiver. Ten for a repress 7" smells of profiteering to me!

john eden

male pale and stale
rhythm's good, lyrics are meh.
Might have got it if it was a fiver. Ten for a repress 7" smells of profiteering to me!

well there is some hype about it being dead stock of the original but either way...

ras degus' "fishing day" seems to have resurfaced on ebay for a buy-it-now tenner a pop as well, tempting but nah...

same as that dubateers digi 7 which was 6 quid, couldn't quite justify it.

Mark of maturity or what? :D

matt b

Indexing all opinion
well there is some hype about it being dead stock of the original but either way...

same as that dubateers digi 7 which was 6 quid, couldn't quite justify it.

Mark of maturity or what? :D

reggaemusicstore email stated it was a repress, so i'm assuming that's the case. it's wierd how a new uk dub 7" is more than a new uk dub 10" or 12". dubateers stuff is hit and miss, especially for the home setting.

If you do wish to get a bit of recent uk stuff (well, french, but you know what i mean), i'd wholeheartedly recommend this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.reggaemusicstore.com/pro...artPosition=1&strSearchCriteria=any&PT_ID=all

ANTHEM!!!!!

if only the dub was half as good as the specials of it iration, abashanti and channel one run.

i've only bought about half a dozen records in the past six months. think i've lost my mojo. can't decide if this is good or not.

john eden

male pale and stale
can't decide if that is absolutely fantastic, or utter toss. :confused:

it's pretty ruff, not too sure about the vocal...

yeah I haven't bought many NEW records this year at all, but probably slightly more than last year....

I'm not even that fussed about the new Necessary Mayhem on first hearing. Mind you I've had a shit day. :slanted:

wayne macarthur is good

some new "old" disciples 10" at dubvendor also - eighties shaka dubplate stuff.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
wayne macarthur is good

some new "old" disciples 10" at dubvendor also - eighties shaka dubplate stuff.

victory dance is a bit special- sounds so different to everything else in the dance. i'd assumed it was still on dubplate only- came across it purely by chance and got a bit too excited. then i saw it was released in 2007 and realised i am completely out of touch.

i'd forgotten those disciples 10"s were on the way, may have to trod down to tribe, though i've still got a back log of stuff to listen to properly, despite not buying owt for ages. very little gets the juices flowing. have we had a 'i no longer like music thread'?, cause if not, i might have to start one if this carries on :eek:

apologies for the derail.

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
i dunno, still goes in waves, got very excited about it all when droid was around, got some mixes planned and all that. just don't seem to be able to get excited about new releases any more, especially when I think of all the great tunes in the flat that I haven't heard for years now.

but yes, new thread!

Client Eastwood

And this on the related links - - I dont think this has been put up yet.

Kenny Knox/Knots - Ring Up My Number.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Client Eastwood

I know it's been mentioned before, but this is astonishing:

Yeah. I keep coming back to this tune. Some more info here. I like the fact that the 4 tracks of the tape were all being used so Redrose had to vocal it live.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20090614/ent/ent7.html

oh and
""The firs' time me do that song was at Fort Clarence. And when I sing that song I surprise to see the forward I get,"

Forward meaning wot? like a rewind ?

unknown soulja

Wild Horses
yeah i think so, as in -

lickwood means forward gunshot means rewind (you requested it so we reeeewind)

it apparently comes from old clashes where you needed the crowds approval to move forward in the clash but the apporval is shown by rewinding the tune, so a rewind becomes a forward.

matt b

Indexing all opinion

Nice. Tribe have got a few of those in at the moment (the Frankie Wilmott, the Unity represses), which are worth bagging. Simon's also got the Dub Store Bunny Wailer represses. I spent a lot of money on saturday :(

OT: Aba Shanti at Subdub on saturday. Check out the Aba Shanti Redbull interview- I think Mark will be having a few words ;)

Client Eastwood

Nice. Tribe have got a few of those in at the moment (the Frankie Wilmott, the Unity represses), which are worth bagging. Simon's also got the Dub Store Bunny Wailer represses. I spent a lot of money on saturday :(

OT: Aba Shanti at Subdub on saturday. Check out the Aba Shanti Redbull interview- I think Mark will be having a few words ;)

Its not too bad I don't think. Aba and Mark do play different styles of dub with IS with their 'techsteppas' for want of a better word. I do think the 2 tunes each could be expanded to longer segments.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Its not too bad I don't think. Aba and Mark do play different styles of dub with IS with their 'techsteppas' for want of a better word. I do think the 2 tunes each could be expanded to longer segments.

Absolutely. I don't think the 'mediocre' comment went unnoticed though! Doubt it will be brought up in the dance itself.

Last time Aba played in Leeds it was 3 for 3, iirc

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
accidental fun find
80s Wha Dat parties in jamaica...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

interesting, but now I'm somewhat disillusioned of the thought that everyone went absolutely bonkers when sleng teng came on back then...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

c.