Hipsters: Scourge or Irrelevence

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I would just like to say that I am 100% behind Tea here. The London riots, apart from their origin in the Duggan shooting which was quickly sidelined, were not revolutionary or ideological, it was nihilism and criminality, a classic London mob riot sparked by an excuse, which history is packed with. The attempt to paint it as a left-wing insurgency was one of the most pathetic and inept things I've ever witnessed.

Great, I've got Craner backing me up now, this'll *definitely* help my not-a-Tory credentials.

(joke)

luka

Tea no one is accusing you.of being a George Osborne style neoliberal wrecker of civilisation you know...

Woebot

a lysergic warrior-poet-mystic or however you wish to style yourself

that is actually very funny tea. luke davis, he is a kind of lysergic warrior-poet-mystic. i'm sure like jeremy corbyn he will one day be plucked from obscurity and be very famous.

i'm generally with you here too tea (if you don't mind me sticking up for you a bit) on the cereal killer thing and too in broadly not being a "gnostic revolutionary". this forum is called "dissensus" and presumably that implies one is allowed to disagree?

this was a storm in a breakfast bowl but, to further the assailants' own argument, a poor choice of target.

comelately

Wild Horses
The thing is that it was a pretty good target - they got loads of publicity and mostly got away with it. Except it wasn't really targeted in any planned way apparently.

“We were campaigning outside 1 Commercial Street for 10 months last year, which is quite funny when people are now saying we should concentrate on property developers,” Bone said. “There’s was lots of stuff going on there – arrests, burning effigies – and not a peep in the press. Then someone throws a couple of bags of paint at a cereal cafe and it’s in the newspapers from Italy to New Zealand.”

Bone explained the idea behind the protests. He said: “The fight against gentrification has basically been lost and it’s speeding up all the time. So our philosophy is to go back to areas which have already been gentrified and start taking the fight back to them. In a way, going to Shoreditch was going behind enemy lines, the idea being that we take control of the streets for five or six hours, which we did.”

There had been no prior plan to target the Cereal Killer Cafe, he said: “No, it’s just what happened. The way the Fuck Parade works, people are there and then they wander off. It’s 1,000 or so anarchists and other people – it’s very hard to tell them to do anything. We just happened to be going past it.

“Anyway, I must have been one amongst many people astounded to see a cafe flogging cereal open at nine o’clock at night. If I’d have put money on us going for anything it would have been Foxtons, and it wasn’t.”

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...gentrification-protest-independent-businesses

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
that is actually very funny tea. luke davis, he is a kind of lysergic warrior-poet-mystic. i'm sure like jeremy corbyn he will one day be plucked from obscurity and be very famous.

i'm generally with you here too tea (if you don't mind me sticking up for you a bit) on the cereal killer thing and too in broadly not being a "gnostic revolutionary". this forum is called "dissensus" and presumably that implies one is allowed to disagree?

this was a storm in a breakfast bowl but, to further the assailants' own argument, a poor choice of target.

When suddenly, a wild Woebot appears! Alright Matt. I feel I was harsh on Luke last night. Then I bodged it by replying to droid by mistake. Probably should avoid using forums on my phone.

droid

I used to have a phobia of the irish but now we are friends cos I.got drunk.with one in a pub watching sport. Ireland looks Great

Yeah its brill

CATl6yjXEAAyd9I.jpg

dublin-jeff-puke.jpg

bzxib4ocmaeelpn-2-752x501.jpg

7.jpg

original
2705256064_24acf319ea_b-630x420.jpg

19th-century-ireland.jpg

P1000101.jpg

tom-17-310x415.jpg

droid

lol

The first attack on his psychedelic credibility:

Luka said:
I've never had a hallucination I feel cheated I want my world to be an Alex grey painting

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I would just like to say that I am 100% behind Tea here. The London riots, apart from their origin in the Duggan shooting which was quickly sidelined, were not revolutionary or ideological, it was nihilism and criminality, a classic London mob riot sparked by an excuse, which history is packed with. The attempt to paint it as a left-wing insurgency was one of the most pathetic and inept things I've ever witnessed.

I like nihilism and criminality.

droid

Theres definitely a market for nihilist group sessions.

Like new age group therapy, except, instead of talking about your feelings you spew rage at the meaninglessness of an indifferent universe.