"Mature ravers only"

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Surely the best way to ensure mature ravers only inside the venue is to have one of the bouncers fart whenever they're searching someone. Whoever laughs is obviously going to stab someone.

One Louder

Wild Horses
At 33, I think I've reached the point where raving simply doesn't interest me anymore. The last few times I've been out I realised that I could easily predict exactly what I was going to hear with a fair degree of accuracy and at that point I simply lose interest.
Thankfully there are still plenty of records out there that still break the mould. My home stereo doesn't blast me shit tunes that 'pack a dancefloor' but completely fail to meet any kind of criteria regarding inventiveness or creativity.
Its the wireless, pipe and slippers for me.

mms

sometimes
At 33, I think I've reached the point where raving simply doesn't interest me anymore. The last few times I've been out I realised that I could easily predict exactly what I was going to hear with a fair degree of accuracy and at that point I simply lose interest.
Thankfully there are still plenty of records out there that still break the mould. My home stereo doesn't blast me shit tunes that 'pack a dancefloor' but completely fail to meet any kind of criteria regarding inventiveness or creativity.
Its the wireless, pipe and slippers for me.

to me that just sounds like you're going to rubbish nights.

Shonx

Shallow House
to me that just sounds like you're going to rubbish nights.

Agreed. Mind you, I've stopped clubbing altogether at the moment, but that's more to do with finances, different tastes of my friends and lethargy more than anything else.

One Louder

Wild Horses
^^^ Agreed. A lot of them are pretty rubbish, bearing in mind that I'm living in N.Z.
The last few gigs I've been to were dubstep gigs and it struck me that the Djs tend to play to the crowd.
I felt that something vital was missing from the whole equation, which simply seemed to run as big tune, wheel up, big tune....
Not a lot of depth.

Shonx

Shallow House
I felt that something vital was missing from the whole equation, which simply seemed to run as big tune, wheel up, big tune....
Not a lot of depth.

Yeah, I stopped attending dubstep gigs recently, just seemed to lack so much of what clubbing was all about to me. Seemed to be more into it for the social side, but then even that got boring - might as well go to a pub really.

Think last time I went to a club I was playing anyway, knocked out a load of b-more and house, and kept the energy levels by switching up the style of the tunes rather than pull-ups, nothing particularly blatant just enough to pick people up every few minutes. Was good to get reacquainted with that sort of vibe after years of stodgy tunes, people actually dancing with smiling faces just zoning out - forgot that happened:)

One Louder

Wild Horses
seemed to lack so much of what clubbing was all about to me. Seemed to be more into it for the social side, but then even that got boring - might as well go to a pub really.....
this in a nutshell. While I'm in danger of sounding as though I've got a case of cultural cringe, I have reached a point where I feel that both deejays and audiences (in NZ) are taking cues from the wrong aspects of what makes rave culture vital.....
The LAST gig i went to was supposed to be a reaction against this very sort of mentality, yet wound up becoming an utterly self indulgent affair that failed to engage the audience or even draw a crowd...massive fail.
I don't want to hear a deejay play strictly for the crowd or him/her self, I want to hear good music and dance, sure, but I relish those WTF? moments when something utterly unexpected drops in and blows my preconceptions out of the water.
Thats what makes the music and culture vital to me in the first place...