if you was designing a new drug

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
See also: 'Reefer Madness' (passim), the wiley Chinaman and his devilish Opium, and cops issued with extra-large-calibre handguns because ordinary bullets weren't powerful enough to stop a COCAINIZED NEGRO is his tracks. The latter basically forming the blueprint 60-70 years later for similar myths about PCP. And to think Special Brew is still legally available...

Yeah, the PCP myths are funny, but I shit you not some guy in my parents town died a few years ago while on PCP because he rode his bike (naked) into a brick wall and was badly injured...

nomadthethird

Don't most of the PCP myths come from people mixing it with crack?
I think that's what made Bushwick Bill shoot himself.

Wow I don't know. That would be like mercilessly beating yourself over the head with the jacked up crazy stick.

I know that a lot of people smoke "dippies", which is sometimes a cigarette dipped in PCP or laced with it and sometimes blunts or joints dipped in it.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
I've had PCP-soaked weed. Not much different to ketamine, really. I think it's when you mix it with a strong stimulant that you get the bezerker frenzy trip (although I once got something similar from whiskey+MDMA, thankfully no one was hurt)

D

droid

ChriMorris_468x336.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, the PCP myths are funny, but I shit you not some guy in my parents town died a few years ago while on PCP because he rode his bike (naked) into a brick wall and was badly injured...

That's rubbish, if the stuff did what it was meant to do he'd have ridden THROUGH the wall, not into it.

turtles

in the sea
After much thought I have decided that I would like a drug that gave me direct conscious control over my low-level perceptual processes that are usually completely non-conscious and automatic. That way I could swap color channels in my vision, mess with my 3D spatial perception...and generally just control my own hallucinations. That'd be sweet.

nomadthethird

After much thought I have decided that I would like a drug that gave me direct conscious control over my low-level perceptual processes that are usually completely non-conscious and automatic. That way I could swap color channels in my vision, mess with my 3D spatial perception...and generally just control my own hallucinations. That'd be sweet.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a drug that showed you all of your unconscious mechanisms or your Id in process or something? I suppose low-level limbic functions overlap with these...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Wouldn't it be cool if there was a drug that showed you all of your unconscious mechanisms or your Id in process or something?

Wouldn't this just send most people instantly and irrecoverably insane? Maybe I'm thinking more of the subconscious rather than unconscious, if there's a difference.

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if there was something that showed you the workings of the different bits of your brain, or even your psyche, in the form of stats bars, like the system monitor on a PC, "your libido is currently operating at 54%", sort of thing, or "Warning: serotonin levels low, eat a banana". :) I've heard some people who take really heroic doses of ibogaine in an attempt to 'reset' their brain chemistry to try and break out of drug addiction can have visions of things like glass tubes with different coloured liquids in them, with the levels rising or falling to reach their proper balance, and have later interpreted this as a visual metaphor for their various neurotransmitters and hormones being reset to their correct quantities after having been screwed up by years of alcoholism or heroin use.

nomadthethird

Wouldn't this just send most people instantly and irrecoverably insane? Maybe I'm thinking more of the subconscious rather than unconscious, if there's a difference.

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if there was something that showed you the workings of the different bits of your brain, or even your psyche, in the form of stats bars, like the system monitor on a PC, "your libido is currently operating at 54%", sort of thing, or "Warning: serotonin levels low, eat a banana". :) I've heard some people who take really heroic doses of ibogaine in an attempt to 'reset' their brain chemistry to try and break out of drug addiction can have visions of things like glass tubes with different coloured liquids in them, with the levels rising or falling to reach their proper balance, and have later interpreted this as a visual metaphor for their various neurotransmitters and hormones being reset to their correct quantities after having been screwed up by years of alcoholism or heroin use.

There's a difference between the unconscious and the subconscious, although in layterms they're usually used interchangeably.

Ibogaine is nowhere near 100% effective if you look at "recovery" in terms of relapse rates, but it's really unique as a chemical because it floods your opiate receptors without producing any sort of high. The first dose tends to take away withdrawal for a day or so, then you need to redose every so often for about a week. At that point ibogaine very slowly disappears from your system making it much easier to go from acute to post-acute (which can be almost as bad psychologically...) This is a critical period where your serotonin is supposed to start flowing and reuptaking properly again, theoretically.

I never believed the whole idea that ibogaine was therapeutic in any other way than on your receptors, but then I talked to people who used it successfully and I read a few articles about psychiatrists who were using it on the sly for talk therapy with patients with trauma histories (kind of the way they use e). There were also a couple of times in recent NYC histories when traveling ibogaine 'treatment centers' came to your house and guided you through the first week or so for a small fee.

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

That has loads of other effects tho - euphoria, body high, mood alteration, and (at high enough dosage) dissociation.

Diisopropyl-tryptamine, DIPT:

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal04.shtml

Although subsequent anecdotal evidence suggests it's not only audio, although it certainly has a pronounced aural aspect. Not taken it myself, so I don't know...

As for pills being a bit old - I quite agree. There was a bit of a resurgence of 2C-B last year, you could get these little white pills in London, a pretty easy going psychedelic. Personally I think AMT (alpha-methyl tryptamine) is a lovely drug, and totally legal in the UK. It's a bit like a 10 hour smacky E kind of high, with some golden tinted visual effects as you increase the dose.

Where can it be purchased?

tryptych

waiting for a time
Where can it be purchased?

You can't really anymore, as far as I know - it used to be offered for sale by grey-market chemical vendors in the early '00s, but they've all disappeared, or gone underground I think.

Because of it's unusual legal status there's nothing to stop you getting a lab to knock you up a bunch though...

EDIT - I'm talking about AMT here.

Last edited:
opium itself is pretty much like that and before heroin was synthasised and before the old opium wars was was a pretty much problem free opiate used as a painkiller widely

There were tons of opium addicts in 19th century Britain, just like there would be many addicted to painkillers today.
This book is probably the most in depth look at things
Descriptions of Lancashire textile workers begging for the chemist to be opened on a Sunday...

I actually did my History thesis on Recreational drugs in 19th century Ireland. The major find of the research was the ether drinking scene in rural ulster. :slanted:

tryptych

waiting for a time
There were tons of opium addicts in 19th century Britain, just like there would be many addicted to painkillers today.
This book is probably the most in depth look at things
Descriptions of Lancashire textile workers begging for the chemist to be opened on a Sunday...

I actually did my History thesis on Recreational drugs in 19th century Ireland. The major find of the research was the ether drinking scene in rural ulster. :slanted:

The ether thing in Ireland is pretty interesting - wasn't there a priest who expounded on the virtues of ether over alcohol (less violence etc)?