wise

bare BARE BONES
Immigration wouldn't let him enter the country, not sure what the issue was, Tom Lea should be able to shed more light
BokBok and Girl Unit played a juke set in his honour but it was in the bar area which was a bit like dancing in a corridor. I spent the whole night in the main room despite most of the djs I wanted to see being in the bar cos I just couldn't get my groove on in there.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Also funnily enough after all the Salem comments there were a couple of goths there which was a first see for me in a london dance club

Benny Bunter

Really enjoyed Lil Silva's set. Banger after banger. Should have been in the main room though, the sound was miles better in there. Danny Native was great too.

Just couldn't get into the Juke set Bok Bok and L-Vis 1990 (or was it Girl unit? not sure) played. As much as I love the music they played, the cringeworthy attempts at footworking by some of the people there just put me off. I just sort of shut my eyes and tried to block it out! The context was all wrong for me, I'd rather just watch the real thing on youtube. Maybe I'm just being a bit curmudgeonly I dunno, but I'd rather they hadn't bothered. I did have a good night in all.

Last edited:

tom lea

the juke set was bok, jam city and girl unit. were people trying to footwork? i was just dancing quick. whatever, it was a lot of fun hearing that stuff at cable.

edit: yeah sound was <i>way</i> better in the main room, especially for mala and fiedel who were playing vinyl. i didnt mind the contrast tho. natives smacked it too.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Was the Fiedel the guy playing techno after Scuba?
Hearing Plastikmans Spastik was probably my highlight of the night.
Wish Danny Native had been on later he was great but i'd just got in the club stone cold sober his stuff's more of a 3-4 in the morning sound imho someone's got to start tho I suppose

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Hearing Plastikmans Spastik was probably my highlight of the night.
Wish Danny Native had been on later he was great but i'd just got in the club stone cold sober his stuff's more of a 3-4 in the morning sound imho someone's got to start tho I suppose

In da club before 11 o clock?

etc.

tom lea

yeah, dropping in bits of grime, funky and unreleased MMM stuff. he was my highlight.

we talked about having natives on at peak time, he's good enough to justify it, but you couldn't really have scuba or mala on at 12. plus i thought danny did a wicked job of getting the room full for those guys.

Damien

that was always my problem with Goths like, they always seemed to having too much fun, and hanging out in big groups too, all about hanging on yer ones

Anyone know where the photos that were being taken will appear?

Last edited:

Pestario

tell your friends
great night. The bar room was a bit lame and you had to find a spot where the bass was loud but I still managed to enjoy lil silva and the collective juke effort. Fiedel tho was the highlight for me, probably because I was a bit drunk by then and the main room had a proper vibe, but it was a great set.

the earnest attempts at footwork were a bit High School Musical...good luck to you guys!

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
in summary of the last few pages of this thread, the only people worth listening to in juke and the real juke people nowdays are dj rashad and dj spinn, glad i can read between the lines.

Damien

in summary of the last few pages of this thread, the only people worth listening to in juke and the real juke people nowdays are dj rashad and dj spinn, glad i can read between the lines.

DJ Solo, DJ Clent, DJ Baddmixx, DJ Flawlez, DJ Trouble, Kill Frenzy, Leatherface, Mister Ries, Boylan etc etc etc etc

Yeah and the only Dubstep worth listening to is Rusko :) :)

Last edited: