synaptic

Global multinuum
what's the first track here?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oTYKIaO6aOk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

it feels very hardcore, though more frankfurt (or even rotterdam) than london if you know what i mean. maybe that's just because i've been listening to a lot of PCP lately.

Yeah it sounds pretty much like bubbling house:

alex

Do not read this.
got to say that the DJ Spin EP from planet mu is fucking amazing, obviously Studio is probably the winning track, but 'I really feel' and 'U dont need' also get my approval, top release man, cop it.

wise

bare BARE BONES
got to say that the DJ Spin EP from planet mu is fucking amazing, obviously Studio is probably the winning track, but 'I really feel' and 'U dont need' also get my approval, top release man, cop it.

Not available till the 28th :(

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I got into juke about six months ago but I've lost interest recently, causing me to feel a bit like some sort of faddish trendy dilettante. Or I'm just bored with it, I don't know

dave quam

I expect most people will drop it for some other genre this year, it's just what happens. I expect next up is Jersey Club, though that one won't really appeal to the "avant electronic" people like footwork does.

I can't say I really give a fuck though.

PS, I heard some new RP Boo on Sunday....goddamn. There is a 2011 version of Baby Come On too. Y'all ain't ready

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
I got into juke about six months ago but I've lost interest recently, causing me to feel a bit like some sort of faddish trendy dilettante. Or I'm just bored with it, I don't know

gartner-hypecycle.png

wise

bare BARE BONES
Juke is pretty much the only new music (apart from some bits of Funky) that still excites me.
I want more!

alex

Do not read this.
Yes Dave, am looking forward to hearing that ‘baby come on’ 2011 version, I love the original work, especially those playful synths, fit the vocal really well.

Read the Ghetto House Wikipedia entry last night, seems to focus on Juke quite a lot? And planet Mu and the UK’s affection for the sound.

Not a lot of focus on Dance Mania and Subteranean though? Would love some articles or online features on Chicago/Ghetto House if anyone can link me any? Cheers

Also, I asked this in the UK House thread, but anyone know where the Acid House/Chicago House thread went? Am a being stupid or something?

dave quam

Moombahton is just as popular if not more popular than juke in the states already, I've seen tons of flyers with moombahton listed as one of the genres. Jersey is definitely the next "hood dance genre" (ugh) that is gonna get a lot of hype, I mean it already is getting played quite a bit. It also happens to be fucking awesome. One cool thing is that DJ Tameil used to be the go-to guy in Jersey back in the 90s for Dance Mania stuff, he would go to NYC and buy up all of the singles so nobody else had em! So naturally those guys and the guys in Chicago respect each other. Rashad once said to me "they basically do the exact same thing that we do".

What is this 14 tracks thing? I've seen it once before for something else. They made two dancers from two of my photos into cartoons, which look pretty cool but thanks for not asking me.