The "how I will be watching the election results" thread

craner

Beast of Burden
Paxo, Matt Frei and Justin Webb are 3 people I've wanted to kick in the face for a few weeks now. Bring back Martha Kearney! Vine's doing alright so far. The BBC 1 panel sitting beside Dimerlbey could do with a bit of a Christopher Hitchens kick up the arse, quite honestly. This could be a very boring night. Anyone see Maureen Dowd earlier? She looked like she'd been beaten up! I liked her McCain/Palin Charles/Diana image though. Joe Lieberman as Camilla Parker Bowles! Ha ha! Brilliant. Nice severe fringe she had, too. Probably to hide the wounds.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Haha, this is like how Nixon's government decided the Viet Nimh should be called the Viet Cong because it sounded scary and communist.

Edit: actually, it's not really, is it? I think I'm going to go and watch TV now.

It's kind of similar...republicans know how to play on the negative emotions of the constituency. This seemed to be their greatest strength when it comes to campaigning...

crackerjack

Obama ahead in early Indiana counting - if he wins there, it's officially into landslide turf. Are these just Dem districts returning early, or what?

nomadthethird

Obama ahead in early Indiana counting - if he wins there, it's officially into landslide turf. Are these just Dem districts returning early, or what?

Where are you looking?? That google map isn't working for me. The loading circle just keeps spinning and spinning...

D

droid

NBC is good.

Cautiously optimistic. Off to bed once the midnight polls come in.

nomadthethird

wicked thanks cracker. Am I allowed to call you that? It feels weird lol

The BBC coverage is well boring innit. *drinks more ale and offers nomad one*

Ale sounds so good. I would kill for a nice IPA or heffeweizen or something. Now that I'm not allowed to drink I dream basically everynight that I'm drinking and getting messed up. Freud was right about dreams being wish fulfillments!

I've watched so much campaign coverage that I had a dream I was at a public pool where John McCain was swimming a few nights ago. Ick.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I wish I had a drink! :(

Why is there no "crying" or "self-pity" smiley?

smiley19.gif

craner

Beast of Burden
3 things Bush had to not actually beat Gore and only just beat Kerry were:

Lots of cash.

Karl Rove.

A lot of Republican stalwarts from previous Republican administrations i.e. the illusion (or not) of experience, history, dependability.

There 3 things McCain doesn't have to maintain either that first non-existant lead or that second slender lead are:

Cash advantage. Obama thrashed him on that score.

Karl Rove. Now a mere WSJ columnist.

The Republican tradition. Neocons; Fordists like Cheney and Rumsfeld; the G H W Bush/Kissinger Realists: these have ALL been tarred by the Bush administrations. McCain's field for fleshing out an administration would be very shallow. No Scowcroft appointments. No Commentary headz. It would be a weird, weak bunch working for him.

Question is: would the Carter and Clintonoids flock to an Obama administration? Well, he already has Brzezinski and Tony Lake, so, yes, it's very likely.