The "how I will be watching the election results" thread

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
True.

I am not absolutely certain he will pick Paulson - I just know that he has been suggested.

Also yes the bailout really does nothing for homeowners. The banks are suggesting credit card debt forgiveness now as well and I think there will be a mortage cramdown or bailout type package next.

Wow, do you know if that would be credit forgiveness for everyone or just mortgage holders? *crosses fingers*

craner

Beast of Burden
Sorry, I meant I CAN'T watch those online because my connection's too slow. But Hitch is on the Beeb now, so it's all good. Shame he's up against 3 wonk corpses. Maureen, Hitch, Blumenthal and David Frum would be a much better panel. Firey!

Doesn't Fox hate McCain and love Palin? Sarah 2012!

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Wow, do you know if that would be credit forgiveness for everyone or just mortgage holders? *crosses fingers*

Credit forgiveness for people who don't pay their credit cards- lol

I feel like an idiot because i save almost every penny and invest conservatively. I should have been running up the credit cards and throwing caution to the wind.

nomadthethird

I know, isn't that mad? It's flying all over the place

The American networks are all scared shitless of calling it too early like they did in 2000, so they're holding off. I like this Guardian map because it seems to be a real-time representation of the numbers as they come in.

nomadthethird

Credit forgiveness for people who don't pay their credit cards- lol

I feel like an idiot because i save almost every penny and invest conservatively. I should have been running up the credit cards and throwing caution to the wind.

I'm a complete idiot with money. I've already cashed in my 401k! ha Luckily I did it before this crash because I had it in a really high risk portfolio of stupidity.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Jeez. lady from california calls into c-span - says she voted for McCain - and that Christians are persecuted here in California. gag.

nomadthethird

you were probably wise to cash in the 401k.

Yeah I'm relieved after this last month that I did it then.

Once when I worked at a university they made all of us go to a TIAA-CREFF savings counseling session, and the rep who was running it hated my guts by the end of the Q&A session. I couldn't help but ask what would happen should the market bottom out. And even if it didn't, TIAA CREFF is going to make more off a Roth IRA (playing with your money) than some 25-year-old who puts a few thousand dollars in (dollars they probably desperately need just to scrape by, or that would be better spent investing in their present at that age)...

nomadthethird

Jeez. lady from california calls into c-span - says she voted for McCain - and that Christians are persecuted here in California. gag.

Oh I know. Poor American Christians! They're only the most pandered to minority, the loudest and shrillest voice in American politics.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Yeah I'm relieved after this last month that I did it then.

Once when I worked at a university they made all of us go to a TIAA-CREFF savings counseling session, and the rep who was running it hated my guts by the end of the Q&A session. I couldn't help but ask what would happen should the market bottom out. And even if it didn't, TIAA CREFF is going to make more off a Roth IRA (playing with your money) than some 25-year-old who puts a few thousand dollars in (dollars they probably desperately need just to scrape by, or that would be better spent investing in their present at that age)...

I bet you are. Imagine that - asking questions about your financial future and the rep getting pissed off!

Too bad cities and pension funds did not take your approach.

nomadthethird

They've been saying all month that McCain's only chance included him winning Pennsylvania and New Hampshire.

stretch.gif