Paul McCartney

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
let's not forget that macca contributed to the beach boys' smile sessions----he masticated loudly on "vegetables"

:cool:

i met Paul when I was 12 at Anfield. Man was in the players lounge and I drank some orange juice and my auld gaff told him my name was Paul as well. We won 2-0. Good day.

craner

Beast of Burden
Hooray! Festive cheer! I'm Mr Christmas! I really like this song. Was it not recorderd a year after John and Yoko's 'Merry Christmas (War is Over)' as an off-the-cuff piss-take riposte? It certainly displays the minimum of effort on Paul's part. It sounds like it was recorded one drunk and stoned afternoon down the barn studio. That sick-faced synth and dumb ABC guitar solo. But to appreciate the experience fully you have to watch the video. Probably shot the evening after the afternoon Paul composed, played, recorded and mixed it. They all end up piling down the local pub with film cameras. And what does Linda look like? She was a millionairess for fuck's sake! My mum looked more glamorous than this in 1979 and she had no money and was about to get divorced!

craner

Beast of Burden
A van full of sinister Santas and a big Wickerman bonfire! What could more Christmasssssy? I should've known that Dissensus would be Scrooge central.

'Do They Know It's Christmas?' That's a great Christmas song. Dark, nasty, queasy, festive.

"...and the only water that flows there
is the BITTER STING OF TEARS"

Enter Bono, with a universe of hot air in his lungs:

"SO TONIGHT THANK GOD IT'S THEM INSTEAD OF YOU!!!!!"

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong.

Love it.

CHAOTROPIC

on account
The only thing remotely interesting about him is the fugliness and/or deformities of his wives. If he was a Godzilla monster he'd be a gigantic 500ft cunt that menaced cities by flailing at them with thousand-lobed tentacle cunts, each terminating in a malevolent toothed cunt singing Wonderful Christmas Time.

hint

party record with a siren
20081221-fhuxbpp3bpncc1eqf64gbdrkui.jpg

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
all the people reaffirming how great paul mcartney is just affirm the point that he should fuck off now, you're all complicit.

Ha but you know, McCartney is super great, really. The lion's share of experimentation in the Beatles was down to him, not Lennon. Broadly speaking, Lennon was a pathologically passive-aggressive character, and he was interested in taking stuff out of the Beatles' sound; so, he'd explore songs with one chord, etc. McCartney, though, was more likely to be the one really excited by the possibilities of the studio, who wanted to add new elements and explore new sounds.

Plus, he played loads of instrumental parts in their recordings –*bass, lots of guitar parts, including some great solos, piano too of course. He was the one building the sound.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
I like him:

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

padro1982

i agree with the view that the guy is/was a total musical legend, no denying, but he does need to fuck off now, and just be content with his billions.

that constant peace sign gesturing, the fucking converse shoes with jeans and suit jacket, it makes me want to punch him in the face, and you should never want to punch a 67 year old man in the face.

also, that whole thing with trying to get the writing credits changed from lennon/mccartney to mccartney/lennon was pathetic.

he hasn't done anything decent for eons and there comes a time to retire from the public eye respectfully before you wear out your welcome.

crackerjack

He joined Neil Young onstage in Hyde Park last week for the chorus of Day In The Life. I still feel overwhelmed by their combined aura a week later.

I really don't get people's problem with Macca. Fair enough if you don't like The Beatles - I mean, you're wrong, deaf and stupid, but that's your call - but how can anyone here be bothered by what he's done since?

Your mates don't play him, your favourite bars and clubs don't play him, those shite tracks with Wacko and Stevie were over 20 years ago and if he does happen to be playing some festival you've gone to, chances are it was a hits collection with a 80:20 Beatles:solo ratio.

So what's left not to like? i'll take his thumbs up and dressing down(ish) over Jagger's Tory-aristo shtick and for someone who's experienced the murder of one bandmate and attempted murder of another, he seems incredibly well adjusted. All that''s left is a bolke whiling away his active years with not-as-good versions of what he's always loved.

Edit:
he was in The Beatles. what have you done?
Ha ha, a more concise and insightful version of my rambling above.