Bill 696

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i djed in a posh central london club for a film premier last year and written on the dj both was no bashment, hip hop or garage, if you played it you'd get kicked out....

Did you try dropping Vanilla Ice to see what would happen?

john eden

male pale and stale
Did you try dropping Vanilla Ice to see what would happen?

or Daniel Beddingfield's "I Gotta Get Through This". Although actually it would be entirely reasonable to arrest someone for playing that.

You should have taken a photo, MMS... :)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
or Daniel Beddingfield's "I Gotta Get Through This". Although actually it would be entirely reasonable to arrest someone for playing that.

Good call - I was trying to think if something *slightly* less ridiculous. (I'm unfortunately guitly of really liking the beat from that song... :eek:)

Eminem would've been a borderline case, I suspect.

mms

sometimes
yer what did you play out of interest?

house,frondly technoish stuff, disco, classic stuff, it was a film premier party, so pissed film industry people wanting indie, or chart music, really,i wouldn't have necessarily bought any of that kinda music with me anyway, but i wouldn't play shit anyway. it's not something i do often play at film parties but i have a few times. one woman thanked me for playing her favorite record, some old disco track that was a bonus, mostly no one danced very much, jamie winstone asked me for something more commercial or something.

gumdrops

i think in 2009, most grime fans are so mindful of the bad rep it has and the high stakes that most ppl are on good behaviour.

Elijah

Butterz
really? where?

elbow rooms islington nye 2 years ago.

Really shook me up. Went it went off I thought it was one of my mates that got shot as we were so close to the incident, everyone ran and there was just loads of screaming, people hiding under tables. I went into one of the pool rooms and then after the dust settled, I just had to look the other way when i was leaving, scary shit.

Truesay I went to a lot of the FWD PA with Lethal B and co, and thats the hypest grime song ever, nothing apart from crazy moshes to that tune. They still tried to shut down lethal b and the song.

I remember them articles with them pictures from essex clubs saying no lethal b music or you will be turned off.

Elijah

Butterz
are we, 1st day of july?
haha wicked.

yer 1st but im 1987 Most of you lot were prob having your first pints then init.;)

In all seriousness, Skilliam got a caution for pirate radio offences a few years back does that mean he could be denied playing at venues?

mms

sometimes
yer 1st but im 1987 Most of you lot were prob having your first pints then init.;)

In all seriousness, Skilliam got a caution for pirate radio offences a few years back does that mean he could be denied playing at venues?

well not quite - i was 12 in 1987.

i wouldn't think he could get denied playing at venues, although a connection might get made.
i think its more like a precautionary measure, taking numbers etc, a way of making djs and artists accoutable for what happens in clubs , or much worse obviously, i think the police could only deny artists playing at clubs if they could connect the artist / venue and any 'anti social behaviour'

john eden

male pale and stale
Story picked up on by R4 The Today Programme, with a copper and Feargal Sharkey.

Feargal is well pissed off!

Last edited: